World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOing to the knap saturday morning
from the long car park in front of the beach could someone give me directions to the most popular and productive mark on the beach, hopefully a snag freeish zone!
the best baits to use and the fish being caught, everyone i ask seems to give me different marks but im still not sure where exactly to go!

Help appreciated!
Thank you

·
Registered
281 Posts
from the carpark, my most productive place is to walk as far down to the point on the left hand side as possible.

u still fish in the beach, but for some reason the better fish come off down there. ( for me anyway ).

as for snags, i dont think i have ever lost a weight down there. a 70 yd cast will get you onto sand, but sometimes, the fish are closer in than you think. try one or two casts at about 30-40 yds sometime during your session!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you
how about baits?
do u always catch?
any cod?

·
Registered
13 Posts
localfisher said:
GOing to the knap saturday morning
from the long car park in front of the beach could someone give me directions to the most popular and productive mark on the beach, hopefully a snag freeish zone!
the best baits to use and the fish being caught, everyone i ask seems to give me different marks but im still not sure where exactly to go!

Help appreciated!
Thank you
hi m8t i have allways gone to the left and fished in line with the lake its allways worked 4 me and wen i go there i only take lug and squid and up to now havent blanked i use small pulleys with 30 size hook hope it helps mate

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it will help thank you
so, if i am standing on the car park, i go left, which lake are you on about, is it next to the skate ramps?

·
Registered
281 Posts
yes. baits are definately lug and squid and fish bait for the whiting.

as for cod this year, the only one i have heard of was off the actual rocks on the point.

you've got a better chance hooking a bass, had a few small schoolies there last time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did you get the schoolies on?
is it deep enough to try a little spinning there?
golf ball and sand eel?

·
Registered
281 Posts
actually got the schoolies on mackerel strip. water is quite deep at high since the beach is quite steeply shelved.

schoolies werent big, approx 5-7 inches long, but still took 3/0 baits

·
Registered
55 Posts
one of my favourite local spots -

don't be tempted to give up if you are blanking after high water - Most of what ive caught down the knap in the last month has been caught between 1 and 3 hours after high tide...

My recent catches were mainly whiting, several over a pound / pound 1/2 size, the odd pouting (small), doggies and one conger in the last 3 weeks - mostly caught on worm (both lug and rag) tipped with squid or mackeral.

May even join ya on sat morning - though I may do an evening down there tomorrow - depending on work etc.

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts