World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if the writer of this blog visits this site, but if so I would love to comment on your most recent blogs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there, have been reading your blog with great interest for a while now, very informative and great stuff. Was very sad to read your last few posts. All I can say is dont give up, there are good times and bad, and perhaps its for us to adapt to them the best way we see fit.
I get the impression you feel people who read your posts are more regulalry vivisting your mark. That will pass, not many have the long term endurance for that area and its a bugger to fish.
But....the commercials have been out there before you were born, as have many of the locals from the shore. My grandad fished there 50 years ago and I have fished, prawned, crabed and walked there for 25 years. There will always be people down there and know how gutting it is to get to your best spot only to find it occupied, but its gonna happen once in a while so dont give up on it.
I hope if I'm down there you dont scowl at me, surely I have the right to carry on fishing a place I have for two and half decades? And I can assure you I wont set up anywhere near you!! Being the unsociable sod that I am.
And who knows what else you may discover down there if someone else happens to be on your patch.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hey there, have been reading your blog with great interest for a while now, very informative and great stuff. Was very sad to read your last few posts. All I can say is dont give up, there are good times and bad, and perhaps its for us to adapt to them the best way we see fit.
I get the impression you feel people who read your posts are more regulalry vivisting your mark. That will pass, not many have the long term endurance for that area and its a bugger to fish.
But....the commercials have been out there before you were born, as have many of the locals from the shore. My grandad fished there 50 years ago and I have fished, prawned, crabed and walked there for 25 years. There will always be people down there and know how gutting it is to get to your best spot only to find it occupied, but its gonna happen once in a while so dont give up on it.
I hope if I'm down there you dont scowl at me, surely I have the right to carry on fishing a place I have for two and half decades? And I can assure you I wont set up anywhere near you!! Being the unsociable sod that I am.
And who knows what else you may discover down there if someone else happens to be on your patch.
Hi thanks for the comments. It's a long story but no, it's not who reads the posts (if it were, I wouldn't post) that I was referring too

It was should I say more down to 'one to one trust', that is all i can say on the matter.

As for commercials, i totally agree. The comments are made on a specific 'pipe', that had been netted which transpires was illegal. I'm not sure if they were even a licensed vessel or not.

Talking of which the other 'patch' is a no go area anyway.

You certainly wont be scowled at, it's always nice to see a couple of other anglers and no mark is totally un-fished, it would unreasonable to think so...would be great mind...lol

I'm pretty sure I'll get back in to it but as i said on the site, it is all, or can be, a bit too political for me, which in turns dampens my enthusiasm.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgive me for being a bit confused, felt the other reply was taking my comments a little harsh, but this one doesnt.
Like I said, its a great site, very informative and gives me hope cos I blank way more than catch, and its a long tired walk back from the head, always with the possiblity of being seriously hurt.
I always fish alone, kind of go for that zen thing. But I would love for others to be around there somewhere....so they can hear my screams as I fall down a 6ft channel and maybe offer some aid.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Neil, keep your chin up - just read your blog again ... it can be hard, it can be frustrating but faith is the key!

how about another meet to keep you occupied? promise I will make it down this time! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts