World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi..i maneged to get out for an hour and a bit today after a few change of plans..

i fished a mark that had thrown up a few bass for me recently..and today it did not disappoint again..3rd drift over the mark with the mackeral feathers and my 10th bass of the season came aboard..again not big but another score on the door..

how cool.. on my next drift my live prawns was snaffled by a pout...
great 2 fish and ive only been fishing 15 mins..

i missed another great bite on the prawns on my next drift..then

whoop!!.. the feather rod looped over and a maccy for my tea came aboard..

how many waspy type flies was there out there ..they were everywhere..
so i got all itchy and gave it 10 mins more before heading in...whammo

my prawn rod hammered over again.. and with me thinking ive caught a good billy...but no my first black bream of the season came aboard great real tea...with that i headed home..

G

·
Those damn flies are still out there then:schmoll:. I think I will be taking a large can of fly spray with me on thursday then:yeah:

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Cracking report there Eggy :thumbs:

loosk like we will soon be calling you the Bass Master :yeah:

ETEC

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done mate, looks like you got that little mark sussed!
hi ...cheers brian..im just waiting for a big billy to turn up there...im sure one will...going to try them live gobys there..

·
Registered
24,912 Posts
Welldone andy,your doing well mate!!!:thumbs::fishing1:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy you wont wanna mess about with silly Bass once you have tasted that Bream, theyre delicious. Nice report, Rob.
i had it for my tea pan fried in my new griddle pan with spring onions and fresh chillies..wow really nice..i guess i will be back on the mark catching some more
Welldone andy,your doing well mate!!!:thumbs::fishing1:
thanks mate..i do feel its coming together now..been 3 years but the forum was right its not achieved over night..i now have stopped running..but more these days taking things as they come and in my stride,..chilled out.and enjoying myself at last..i have conquered most of my nerves now,,thanks andy

·
Registered
24,912 Posts
i had it for my tea pan fried in my new griddle pan with spring onions and fresh chillies..wow really nice..i guess i will be back on the mark catching some more

thanks mate..i do feel its coming together now..been 3 years but the forum was right its not achieved over night..i now have stopped running..but more these days taking things as they come and in my stride,..chilled out.and enjoying myself at last..i have conquered most of my nerves now,,thanks andy
If you go out and really try hard to get fish then guaranteed blanking,go out totally chilled then you will catch!:thumbs:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you go out and really try hard to get fish then guaranteed blanking,go out totally chilled then you will catch!:thumbs:
hi.. thats better ive resized the piccies...chilled.. i do find im not so scittish now, looking around and having mind games with myself over things that might not happen...time, i think to move things up a notch

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Terry are you gonna try "you know where" Thurs?

I am going out Thurs or Sat, maybe both!!!! aint decided yet. Rob
is that the same "you know where " as "my" " you know where" cos i am not going there as it is your you know where and not terrys!, or mine. but i will be looking for my equivalents in the area in the future.
rob ignore the ranting thanks for the help and i only wish the crews stomachs had been up to saterdays trip.
probably not out this wekend eastbourne airbourne makes it to much hassle
greg

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
my prawn rod hammered over again.. and with me thinking ive caught a good billy...but no my first black bream of the season came aboard great real tea...with that i headed home..

STUNNING EXCELLANT now i dont have to show chris where the bream are, but dont waste prawns go for cockles!well done
greg
ps
if it was caught on eastbourne waters pm me with where please!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
is that the same "you know where " as "my" " you know where" cos i am not going there as it is your you know where and not terrys!, or mine. but i will be looking for my equivalents in the area in the future.
rob ignore the ranting thanks for the help and i only wish the crews stomachs had been up to saterdays trip.
probably not out this wekend eastbourne airbourne makes it to much hassle
greg
Hi Greg, i have several "you know wheres" out that way but yes that particular "you know where" is the same one as you now have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on your next trip leave the sickies behind!!!! Rob

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
STUNNING EXCELLANT now i dont have to show chris where the bream are, but dont waste prawns go for cockles!well done
greg
ps
if it was caught on eastbourne waters pm me with where please!!!![/QUOTE]

with the range of the stunning mrs sea..your eastbourne boundries are far and wide...as it goes..it could be nearer to eastbourne than torquay

cockles i will try them...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well done Andy. I'm still waiting for my first Bream of the year - I think they are the best tasting fish out there :1a:

Going to target them next Monday and hopefully post the evidence on this forum !:thumbs:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well done Andy. I'm still waiting for my first Bream of the year - I think they are the best tasting fish out there :1a:

Going to target them next Monday and hopefully post the evidence on this forum !:thumbs:
hi.. it was nice i put it on my griddle pan..i would like to catch some more so will try the mark again with small squid strips or cockles..

it took prawns on a 3/0 fine wire..but i will scale down on hook size to try with

also what can i up size on mackeral feathers for bass to

1 - 20 of 37 Posts