World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi..you will have to forgive the piccies with this report..i was told by brianjb61 last week that my batteries were going flat..did i listen..nope...i struggled on today with a camera play sillies..

oh well ..i was quite keen to get out today to try my new deep divers over a mark i had been fishing recently..

i arrived at the marina far to early as they are biggish tides this week,,the low drains almost all the water out around my boat....so i had to just wait it out until the tide came in a bit..

..i got my gear all set up and by then the tide had advanced enough for me to head out...

first off.. i just trundelled around the nearest rocky outcrops until the tide began to build in earnest..which eventually did....and so i began to troll to my mark...two slivers down . the redhead new one.and the old faithful orange one...first cross of the mark and bang.bang,BANG...corr i was in.....on the orange one after a spirited tussle.. a slightly under 2lb bass hopped into the net....

after a piccie ...he went back to its watery home...cool..i chugged away from the mark giving it a rest..before heading over it again...no luck this time....i was some what disappointed..with only weed on both lures..which as the tide built it was getting more problematic..

a maccy was next to hit my orange sliver..a biggy to..but it also went back home.. it was at this point i changed to the deep dancers as the depth over the mark was showing 35 plus feet..mmm i had thought about this moment for nearly a week now..!!

by this time the weed was really floating passed in clumps and the lures on the way back to the mark were covered in the stuff..i stopped a little way off the mark to clean them and to reaset my troll lines..the boat passed over the mark with the finder showing some fish...BANG.. the lures had just started to cross the mark to when the left hand rod hooped over and the second bass was on...landed this and found it had taken the blue/silver tail dancer...WOW it work..i brought them just percifically to do this and yep..i did it..

that one puts me on 19 bass for the season so far.. mmm cool

i got a bit fed up with the weed on succesive trolls so i stopped over the mark and dropped down the maccy feathers..corr in again two seconds down and this lot came up... i did not know the size limits for pollock..so they all went back,,and on the second drop the very same came up again..

i had a little further troll back towards newhaven but the weed was just a little to much..so for the last hour i pushed out to a small wreck that i have just got the numbers for..a couple of drifts over produced scad and maccy...with that i called it a day and headed home with nemo flying back at 19 knots ..weeeeeeeeeeeeee..!!!!..all clear to come in i asked the tower as i entered the harbour..great day....roll on im up for an early cod this week to.. kindest regards andy

·
Registered
89 Posts
Andy....you'll be getting Brian and Darren all jealous, what with them being stuck at work......:clap3:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi ..i have followed one in your book david..yummy...

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll be stalking you from the cliff tops soon! looking for this mark of yours, well done looks like a good day, I can wait for my turn.
your turn..? i thought you caught one last week..how many more do you want..lol..do you know where i can by a large camo net.from..?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
you are certainly getting to grips with this trolling lark, unforchantly the last couple of years its been a waist of time u the stour for us because the water is to cloudy

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi ..i have been hitting the mark button every time i get a take..apart from the mark the other bass i have taken seem to all come from one or two areas..and the areas in between is where i have trolled for nothing..i realise this is not how it probley is. as i concentrated now on them areas thats given me fish ..so the count goes up from them..a false piccy really..but it gives me a confidence boost knowning i have had them before in the marked areas..
andy i am thinking...at last..

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is good to see good catch reports Andy.
I've not had much time this summer so have not really progressed.
It's good to see you have found a technique (and areas) that work for you, I've tried trolling a couple of times but patience seems to get the better of me I think.
Maybe it's time to just get out and find some marks without the rods ready for next year.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is good to see good catch reports Andy.
I've not had much time this summer so have not really progressed.
It's good to see you have found a technique (and areas) that work for you, I've tried trolling a couple of times but patience seems to get the better of me I think.
Maybe it's time to just get out and find some marks without the rods ready for next year.
hi..you fish the same inshore reef as me but from the other end...so i presume that the same sort of areas exist along your end..i simply moved out about from the normal band of trolling depths and used deeper divers where i can..to troll in upto 40 ft in some parts..
i used my finder /plotter to mark areas of fish i see and where i had takes from..funnily enough those areas seem to be the same areas on most trips..i next want to fish the same areas with prawns or live baits..hopefully a bigger bass will be there somewhere..or a pollock..
i like troling because i feel im doing something and pleasure driving the boat to...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
hi..you fish the same inshore reef as me but from the other end...so i presume that the same sort of areas exist along your end..
You've hit it on the head Andy - once you know how to fish a certain feature then look for other features that are similar, the chances are that they'll produce fish too.

I had a good day on the bass on Sunday too, 11 fish to 8-8 averaging over 5, not on the plugs though, it was too rough to fish my trolling marks.

PS. CD22, you know you want to.....:spiteful:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You've hit it on the head Andy - once you know how to fish a certain feature then look for other features that are similar, the chances are that they'll produce fish too.

I had a good day on the bass on Sunday too, 11 fish to 8-8 averaging over 5, not on the plugs though, it was too rough to fish my trolling marks.

PS. CD22, you know you want to.....:spiteful:
hi..oooh thats big...

well done on the bass great result

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You're absolutly right Andy. Time has been the factor for me this year, had a great one last year (maybe cause I was single!!).
Hoping to have a boat in Littlehampton next year so I can combine fishing with other pleasures without an hour or two drive in between!!

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
having a boat in all the ports would be fantastic..
a real conversation piece for me that would be..especially in the social circles i move in..pimms anyone..have you seen horray andy..yes m`lord hes on his boat...not sure which..the gin palace..or the coracle..

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi.. just like rosie and jim....chugging along in the old tug boat.....

im going over now to have a look might go and play with the plugs.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
hi..oooh thats big...
..not for bass it isn't! We had bass as small as 2lb on livebaits bigger than that on sunday. Next time you get a mackerel, compare it to your slivers, you'll realise you can go a lot bigger. I only carry SL20, CD 18 and CD22 and 30ft divebaits on my boat. Still haven't used the divebaits yet :sad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts