World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folk..had a morning session in nemo with brian and david for company in the happy hooker.....
i was keen to make hay while the sun was shinning .. so to speak..the water was gin clear still and the wind blowing a brisk northly..and a dropping tide..slightly different to friday where i fished a rising tide..a morning tea and cake oooh how nice ..was supplied by officer brian and his note taker for breakie ..as he had his uniform still on..no wonder there was a group of women waiting to greet him..your oh so lucky mate..its a wonder you find time to fish..

they set off before me..as i was faffing around rigging the rods up...but i caught up with then just outside the breakwater .. before i set off on my morning troll..i was very keen to troll the mark i had found recently ..it was not to disappoint as on the first run over in 26ft of water my orange sliver rap arched over and a fish was on...oooh no not a bass but a fouled hooked pollock..

i ran back to the happy hooker to shout my achievement when the rod with the cheap funny coloured poundshop plug arched over and i was hooked into a flying machine..wheeeey to go...5 minutes of fun and a new boat pb was in the boat dodgy thin hooks on the plug gave me a moment of panic as i swooped it up in the net..yes 5lb 8 oz i had achieved my summer ambitions:wiggle:...i was well chuffed..i had to show brian and david my prize..they whooped a cheer to me and was well pleased i had done it..thanks chaps its appreciated..i text chris m to say i had nailed my ambition and he was as pleased as i was for me..

can i get another..i ran straight back to my mark and as i travelled over it bang the orange sliver took its 5th bass in two sessions..2lb 4 oz..

..as this was a short session we had been out a few hours by now and decided to join up together to hit a few maccy for tea..of which brian found them by a cool bit of watercraft....he asked david...
we had our fill and headed in

COOL.....i am deffo an angler now..

a big thanks to all those that have supported me and offered advice since my time here..how cool.cheers everyone..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
very well done andy well worth the effort you put in
greg

·
Registered
208 Posts
No wonder you asked me to read the report, you git! :roll1:

Well done mate, what more could a man ask for on a Monday morning! :D

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,623 Posts
Nice one, well done..........

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Quality report Andy.

I have been reading your reports from the start, from the "what am i doing wrong" all the way through to reports like this.

I am made up for you mate you are a prime example of the try try again spirit and you deserve your success.:clap3:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
well done eggy. :clap3:

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very well done andy well worth the effort you put in
greg
No wonder you asked me to read the report, you git! :roll1:

Well done mate, what more could a man ask for on a Monday morning! :D
Nice one Andy, well done mate :victory:
Nice one, well done..........
Quality report Andy.

I have been reading your reports from the start, from the "what am i doing wrong" all the way through to reports like this.

I am made up for you mate you are a prime example of the try try again spirit and you deserve your success.:clap3:
well done eggy. :clap3:
many many thanks all..i really appreciate your kind comments and praises..thank you..
andy

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well done Andy and I wasn't really all that jealous when you phoned this morning, now for stage 2 offshore.......the Lady and I are raring to go and like a couple of coiled springs awaiting your command ''O great one''.......I expect jd was laughing again.......

G

·
I had to log in and have a look for myself after getting a text from Andy telling me he had a new PB.
Very well done Andy:clap::clap::clap:, but I would be grateful if you could tell me how to catch one over here in Kilmore Quay. The Bass has so far eluded us, as it has almost everyone else. Very few being caught here and your expertise is needed:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Well done Andy.

You have proved that your the man! A real sea angler person at last. Erghh, how does one catch so many decent bass then andy? I am coming down to Littlehampton Saturday is your secret mark dooable from there? (lol)!

Well done mate

Harry

·
Registered
322 Posts
well done andy
dont look like we will catch up with you now.
we aint been out at all,busy working might have to give it a bash now ive seen what you,ve been catching.
well done.

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done Andy, it's nice to see that it's all coming together for you after all the hard work you've put in mate.
Well done Andy and I wasn't really all that jealous when you phoned this morning, now for stage 2 offshore.......the Lady and I are raring to go and like a couple of coiled springs awaiting your command ''O great one''.......I expect jd was laughing again.......
Well done mate,

You Had the edge on us today! After a hard night at work and all the onboard catering issues to sort out I think I relaxed a little too much in early morning sunshine. It was good to snatch a few hours even though we didn't manage to match you in the fish dept.

Keep you finger on the button now!
I had to log in and have a look for myself after getting a text from Andy telling me he had a new PB.
Very well done Andy:clap::clap::clap:, but I would be grateful if you could tell me how to catch one over here in Kilmore Quay. The Bass has so far eluded us, as it has almost everyone else. Very few being caught here and your expertise is needed:thumbs:
Well done Andy.

You have proved that your the man! A real sea angler person at last. Erghh, how does one catch so many decent bass then andy? I am coming down to Littlehampton Saturday is your secret mark dooable from there? (lol)!

Well done mate

Harry
well done andy
dont look like we will catch up with you now.
we aint been out at all,busy working might have to give it a bash now ive seen what you,ve been catching.
well done.
hi..many thanks ..brill comments thank you.i really appreciate them..andy

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well done Andy

nice to read of your deserved rewards, and the comments you are getting.

If the colour and action of the cheap plug works, just change the hooks and rings, I would hate to read that your next PB gets away.

Sods law always gets the big ones, on the tackle that is most likly to fail.

Nice angling mate

Charlie

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well done Andy

nice to read of your deserved rewards, and the comments you are getting.

If the colour and action of the cheap plug works, just change the hooks and rings, I would hate to read that your next PB gets away.

Sods law always gets the big ones, on the tackle that is most likly to fail.

Nice angling mate

Charlie
hi..good idea .thank you...the cheap plug is similar to the sliver..but a white gold patchwork pattern..the hooks are no more then bent wire..and when i unhooked the bass the prongs had somewhat straightened..
ive been putting in some thought as to what will cover my depth options with plugs..and have settles for these
upto 18ft..rapala j11 s
18-25ft.. rapala slivers..
and 25-30ft.. rapala deep tail dancers..
should cover my troling needs and cover the depths on any given tides

colour options..? im surprised how well orange works as i normally use blue..
i like the look of white/red head ones.

many thanks for the words..andy

·
Registered
999 Posts
nice one andy- keep on the mark as im sure that a double is on the cards for you-best of luck- kick sum ass,:doh: ive always done well with any oranged bottom rapala- tried on sunday all i got was mackies- looks ok for weekend might try trolling for mackies again

·
Registered
584 Posts
Andy,

Well done, your perservance has paid off at last, you have deserved that fish for all the effort that you have put in over the last couple of years.

Isn't a great feeling when it finally pays off!!

Now the real trial and test of stamina begins, getting a double, I've been trying for the last 38 years, so don't get down hearted, you've proved that by sticking at it you can achieve your aim, so go get 'em.

Ian

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ive just got some more plugs to try now..so im looking forward to trying again..when conditions allow...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
if you buy many more andy you will have to get a bigger boat to carry them all. :fishing:
steve.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts