World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: can anyone reccomend a good pair of neoprene gloves,ones that you can actually use and feel with,i see that marsh tackle are selling some ron thompson :lol: ones for £7.99 does anyone use these or are there any better

·
Registered
287 Posts
hi uptider 4-10, i've had 2 pairs of Ron T's and find they're great . The reason for this is bacause i've got small hands and with other neo's my finger's tend to flap around in side . With neo i find if it slack or loose it doesn't keep you warm . I may be wrong but thats my exp . Hope thats some help?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Uptider,

As an alternative, try you're nearest Dive shop. I also SCUBA dive and use various gloves dependant upon te sea temp. You can get quite thin gloves that have a titanium lining that whilst are thin, keep your hands nice and warn. They tend to be thinner and less bulky that some neoprene and offer better insulaton. You also get the chance to try different types if you nip in to a shop. What area do you live in? I may know of a Dive shop nearbye.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for the helpin choosing a suitable pair,i opted for the ron thompson power gloves which arrived today,they certainly fit the bill,just gotta wait till the winter arrives to give a bash

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rob,
You won't go far wrong with them, i've owned a pair of R.T. artics and they're great. I've got hands like a bunch of nanas and they fit no probs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Gloves came today, along with boots i orderd.. Boots eiger ones.. great quality but no good for me.. cos im a size 12 but left foot is larger and really well they wernt relaly size 12..... but the RON THOMSON POWER GLOVES.. .were cool as hell.. obv i havent been able to test them against the weathers that i SOON will, but they seem great... a week or two and i should b able to post what i think of them.... Going to north wales.. well should be fishing Barmouth AREA.. xmas weekend... so will let you know what i think...

Rob

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
neopreane gloves are quite cheep ,but the best place to get them has been said before at a dive shop .and im sure you will get a wide selection
i use 3mm beuchart
which havent given me any problems as yet and ive had them nearly 2 years

tight lines gary

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I find the RT power glovoes good, but like most neoprene gloves they really could do with a bit of fleece insulation. When they get wet they can get pretty cold to be honest, and anyone who has tried them will be able to agree. The hands themselves dont generate enough heat to be able to keep the wet neoprene warm, thats the problem. They are good though, I've had mine for over 2 years now and they are still alive.

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
I have a pair which are finger less and a thumb with pieces which you can hook over or off.

On the back of the glove is a mitt section which you can bring over the fingers if needed.

All sounds a bit complicated but they do work very well, baiting and casting is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
ken.davison4 said:
I have a pair which are finger less and a thumb with pieces which you can hook over or off.

On the back of the glove is a mitt section which you can bring over the fingers if needed.

All sounds a bit complicated but they do work very well, baiting and casting is not a problem.
Ken

These gloves/mitts sound more like it. (I have tried neoprene gloves in SCUBA diving and they were absolutely useless. Always used mitts. Granted SCUBA is more extreme than fishing, but as posted earlier, if your hands get wet and it is cold/windy, they do not generate enough heat to keep warm.

Who makes these glove/mitt combination?

Thanks

Steinbeisser

1 - 12 of 12 Posts