World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been a while what with work and the arrival of daughter number 2 a couple of weeks ago... Plus the wild weather to put it mildly!!! Well decided to give Nethertown a go an hour down and 3 odd hours up. The beach hasn't half changed from my reckoning. I'll have to pop down for a day sesh sometime to weigh it up in daylight I think. Bait was fresh yellow tails. The fishing was not bad with bites coming fairly regular like. The only thing was the biggest codling we had was only barely half a pound... But all in all between 3 of us we had almost ten of the little blighters... So looking good for next cod season once they fatten up and grow on a bit... Despite the small stamp of fish it was still nice to be out and to get a few knocks on the rod tips... Better than sitting in front of the gogglebox... Until next time...

All the best...

Sam.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice to see you out and about again Sam....
And a few fish for you all hopefully next years Cod season will be better as the sea seems full of Codlets this year.

·
Registered
838 Posts
good effort there marra as you say the weather just of late has put a few people off heading out myself included hopefully or dare I say it
there should be a red spot on the way soon fingers crossed and a bit of:sun::sun: get shot of this rain :bleh:

·
Marmite
12,806 Posts
Like you say Sam this year cod season is going to be a good one. Loads of small stuff getting caught in the boats.
Like Steve said won't be long for the plaice to make a show once the sun comes back.
This time last year there was reports of plaice making a show.
Iv just bought 500 beads off eBay. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shall be having a go for them for sure... Part of the fishing calendar them red spots!!! Just need those calm sunny days now... What bead combos do you find work best NW piers?

·
Marmite
12,806 Posts
I shall be having a go for them for sure... Part of the fishing calendar them red spots!!! Just need those calm sunny days now... What bead combos do you find work best NW piers?
Black and luminous yellow mate trust me they are the best.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congratulations on the new arrival bonny lad and maybe see you about some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts