World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: fished at porthcawl today decided to give rest bay a try
nets every- where two of us fished for four hours 2 rods each,bait used crab sandeel & rag,nothing

i would gladly pay for a sea license if they stop them putting nets within two miles of shore-line.
think i will have to start swimming out and empty the nets before they haul them in.
will let you know if i get any thing

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have copied the postings and sent them SWSFC Director Phil Coates and i am awaiting a reply?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I for one will gladly invite all the netters around porthcawl to come pay me a visit..But i guarantee,,they would only leave in an ambulance!..

makes me sick.

(Disclaimer to the netting types that read these forums as guests,these words are Just my opinions..and do not reflect other peoples thoughts.Got a problem,,come see me!)
marcus your views do reflect mine at least and i for one would like to be there when you meet them. the problem with knobs like that is they think they can get away with it and could handle a few muppets who comment on there stinking habbit. just sink the boats, just do it

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
and also, if people on these forums know the names of those who use nets, then they should name them on THESE forums. and if people do not want to do that they can e.mail me and i will do it and print my address on at the same time.
so many people know what is going on and post comments about it on here but we need to do more than that. it's bloody serious what's happening for gods sake. not only is it illegal but it's just not a clean kill is it. i don't expect people to go and rip the net's up, although i am not against doing this as it gives me a buzz. i have done two now and one bloke actually knew it was me but could do nothing as i was up a cliff laughing at him when he figured it out. i would quite honestly go anywhere to have a pop at netters. as far as poole goes i doubt if i could personally stop the lot of them but i absolutely will stop some of them and i bet i get some of them convicted :mad:

·
Registered
737 Posts
not just skippers there is in cardiff a tackle shop who brazenly baits his longlines while customers are in his shop and then he wonders why trade is slow or non exsistent so its not just skippers who rape the sea without caring but actual tackle shop owners as well and marcus if you need help in sinking that damn boat give us a call .my opinion has been posted before on this forum and the more i read and here about the way things are going the more frustrated i become .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most of the netters I know or have met are unemployed. If they were doing it to provide food for their family there could be some justification, but usually it's to get money to **** up against a wall. I actually know one person who puts nets down at Cefn Sidan. He get dissabillity benefit for a bad back. I reported him to the DHSS but he got away wiyh it. If he gets Mullet or Smoothound he takes them to a Chinese restraunt.
Any people who are unemployed on here this is not a dig at you, I have been out of work and done hobbles but I did it to provide for my family.
kipper

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
but they are not unemployed are they? they are netting for a living. i would love to be able to earn a living on the sea but i would not do it that way. this is really starting to wind me up now, i usually enjoy going on these forums and have a bloody good laugh but this really makes my blood boil. i work so bloody hard to keep my familly down on the beach that i actually spend at least six day's out of every month in hospital. ( no marcus not the phsyciatric unit) and at the weekend we go fishing and i hardly catch a bloody thing, and the reason. one i am **** at it and two there are so many netters that there aren't any bloody fish

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes i agree about the nets but like my dad says the leisences are a good idea a when the anti's come against fishing which they obviously will. a liecenced group of people are a stronger force than a unlicenced force

sam

·
Registered
129 Posts
Natmatlew, which Cardiff tackle shop are u referring to? I don't want to give someone involved in commercial fishing/netting one penny of my money. I'm sure others here would feel the same. Btw I second everything that's been said on this thread.
Penn

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Penn said:
Natmatlew, which Cardiff tackle shop are u referring to? I don't want to give someone involved in commercial fishing/netting one penny of my money. I'm sure others here would feel the same. Btw I second everything that's been said on this thread.
Penn
Hear Hear! Wouldn't give 'em the time of day!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
40 Posts
" DOES YOUR FRIGGIN HEAD IN " Whats the matter with these Brainless Morons are they so small minded they just don't see the BIG picture, :mad: We are borrowing these resources from our offspring! not inheriting them to Glutton-up and Rape asap, I go fishing to be at peace, contemplate, and take in the beauty of it all, not to get stressed out by these Little S***s Makes My Blood Boil :eek: ,
Occasionally I have seen how some things go around - well I hope these Guys get their cum-upance :mad: Thank God there are like minded individuals out there who feel the same way ;)

TAKE NOTHING BUT PHOTOGRAPHS (and the odd decent Bass)
AND LEAVE NOTHING BUT FOOTPRINTS !!

·
Registered
168 Posts
ok just glance across to the left on this forum and look at Conservation!there is a phone number that you can ring,if these nets are illegle they will prosicute them and confiscate the nets.

The Harbour Master should be told in the strongest terms to deal with this guy and the **** he's most likely pumping out from he's bilge. If you don't get action from the HM. ask the guys that prosicute illegle netting to help.

I know it's frustrating but if you do damage you could be the one in court,so a phone call could just get the ball rolling for you and all done lawfully. ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
John.

Many thanks. Message would not forward so I have done this stand alone response.

I will pass on the info to the local Fishery Officer. He is already broadly aware of some local allegations of netting activity (alleged inside of the no net area at Tusker) which is perhaps tied down to 2 boats & is investigating.. We could do with some more detailed information. It may be that these nets are shore or boat, but operated legally in "open" areas, or perhaps legal potting in closed areas.
Meanwhile, we will keep an eye on things.

Phil

SOUTH WALES SEA FISHERIES COMMITTEE (SWSFC)
Queens Buildings, Cambrian Place, Swansea. SA1 1TW.

Director: MR P J COATES Deputy Director: MR M S STAFFORD

Tel: 01792 654466 Fax: 01792 645987
E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.swsfc.org.uk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts