World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the ABU 'GRIP LOK' could be purchase separately and from where ? If so is it just a matter of puting on any conventional beach caster?
Also is the 'GRIP LOK' used on the Zziplex F2 ?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Asked my local dealer the same question the other day. He said you can get it seperately but no chance of getting one for at least 2 months coz demand is so high. You can add it to any beach caster as long as you make sure it will fit on your butt. I don't think the grip-lok is on the F2 - I think its a fuji reel seat with a little trigger grip.

Ask around or have a look at the Greys and Ron Thompson reel seats.

Rhod.

B

·
0 Posts
When I asked ABU they told me that the Grip-Loc reel seat will be readily available in the new year!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I Have the grip lock on my Conolon exellent I now have it the position that suit my casting skills,and I must say its really comfortable .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been looking for ages for a decent reel seat to replace coaster as I seem to get through them quickly. When I asked my local dealer about the Abu 'Grip Lok', he said that they couldn't supply them separately. I am in the Isle of Man therefore can someone give me details of a dealer who is willing to mail order them. They certainly look as if they can lock a reel and still offer the grip for my finger to wrap round as I can't pendulum cast as well without it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts