World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys I currently own an abu 6500c power handle and love it, seen a 6500 chrome rocket on sale in a local tackle shop for £100 and want to purchase it, should I? or are there any other good multipliers for around a £100 that I should consider?????

Thanks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The chrome rocket is probably the best (most durable anyway) of the current ABU range. It sufferer though from not having a mag control.

Personally I would go for one of the New Akios 656CTM reels. Looks a bit like an ABU but leaves them miles behind when it comes to build quality etc. and it has a very nice mag control ;)

·
Registered
662 Posts
hi guys I currently own an abu 6500c power handle and love it, seen a 6500 chrome rocket on sale in a local tackle shop for £100 and want to purchase it, should I? or are there any other good multipliers for around a £100 that I should consider?????

Thanks
Personally i would go for a Abu mag pro, they are of the same build quality of a rocket, and have both magnetic and centrifugal braking systems, I find it a very nice reel to use.

Also they are some of the only New Abu's that are still made in Sweden.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mark I will have to have a look at those,
cheers

G

·
I use Chrome rockets and find them great to use, the new ones have a choice of six brake blocks down to nought if you wish, I use two blocks and 3 in 1 in the bearings and it casts well in all conditions, you can tune it to which way you want, be it safe like myself or for field casting, the choice is yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts