World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
has anyone got the new abu premium 6500ct mag. any good or not?
the only site i can find it on is gerrys
I've just ordered one from an established tackle shop on Ebay - £116.99 including postage. Veals also have them.

There is a review of the new Premium and Hi-Speed Mag Elites by Alan Yates in the June issue of Sea Angler. He rates both reels very highly. The main improvements are extra brake blocks, a more grippable handle, a spool release button that's less prone to jamming, a concave spool to take pressure off the side plates and stronger gears.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Have had hold of one in the tackle shop. They look & feel the Dogs Bo**ocks. Very quiet and smooth. Just waiting for the Hi Speed version.

has anyone got the new abu premium 6500ct mag. any good or not?
the only site i can find it on is gerrys

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have one of the new type 6500c3 with the new type spool and break arrangement and it is very very smooth straight out of the box.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My Premium Mag Elite arrived today. Overall I'm quite pleased with it. I listed the new features above (post #2) and will only add that the new free spool mechanism feels very smooth and positive. The cosmetics are quite smart too - the end plates are satin gunmetal and the handle and inner surfaces of the former are a satin orangey-gold similar to the colour of the old Sunset Mag Elite.

The only niggle I have with it is the absence of any form of calibration for the mag slider. I know that on the old Elites the stick-on guide sometimes came adrift, but it was useful when re-adjusting the mags after slackening them off during a cast and they could have engraved one onto the end plate. Instead I'll just have to count the clicks.

I can't wait to get out fishing with it.

Cheers,

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts