World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I presently do a bit of fly fishing round my local lochs, and while I enjoy it I feel like I would like to try a bit of shore fishing. I bought a Beachcaster rod and reel but not sure of waht athe right baits I need to use, and what species that I could catch.
I live in Greenock Scotland, if anyone can help me with any information I would be very grateful.

David

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi David,

Welcome to the Forum.

As a Scot from Ayr but now living in Bucks. I cannot help, but as Poacher has said there are many others from your area who can.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
724 Posts
Try www.silverlure.co.uk a great angling club in Glasgow, there's also a good forum on the club site and I'm sure the boys there will help you out

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I have some lures and I'll buy some worm and give it a go when Im off next week.
:)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hi David, I'm not in your area, I'm close to Whitby, but what I'd try is lug & ragworm, on size 1/0 or 2/0 hooks with gripwire'd sinkers 5 or 6oz, fish the tide 2 hours eather side of high tide, it's called "Scratching" just fishinf for anything that happens to be about.
Good-Luck with your sea fishing. let us know how you get on.
Mike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mike, I am not sure what gripwired sinkers are, I was going to attach a swivel to my line then add a length of leader line with a weignt attached to the dropper and a hook with the bait at the end of the leader . What do you think?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Dave, tie the leader to your main line I use 60lb and make it long enough to have about 5 turns of it on your reel, then attach the rig & sinker, you will see plenty of these in your local tackle shops use 5 or 6 oz, if you look on the left-hand side you can see "Rigs and Knots" and have a look at "Tackle" as well ( white righting on the blue background ) you can get plenty of info there.
Anything else just ask us.
Mike.

ps. I have attached a pic of the sinkers I use.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts