World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am off to South Wales on the 21st for 2 weeks, staying at Cresswell Quay, Kilgetty. I have course fished all my life but never sea, I am taking carp gear & medium spinning rod hoping to float fish and spin for Bass and if around Mullet

Any advise on methods and locations would be appreciated, also where to buy bait etc

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
tenby harbour is a good place for mullet, but not seen any from there yet. bread is a good bait for em. also , use liquidized bread for groundbait. take out the crusts before puting them in the liquidiser.
there might be a few about. bass are here, so are mackeral. :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You are quite close to Lawrenny Quay where you can catch bass and mullet.Drive as far as you can towards the cafe and walk past, on the shoreline, for around 100yds to a wall which gives you 15 feet of water off your toes at high water.Dangerous for juniors.Try bread mash for groundbait and flake or rag on the hook to float fish for mullet and spinners or plugs for the bass.Schoolies abound which obviously must be returned.The wall floods completely on tides over 6 mtrs so be careful.
The river bed is weedy and lead stealing and full of crabs(incl peelers)
Good Luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you want to try for bass go to Freshwater East and beachcast into the surf,use sandell and ragworm as i did on Sunday and you should be ok, i caught 3 all around the 2lb mark .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts