World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Morning team.

been trying to get out on my two hours exercise as much as possible recently. Just been extended to 4 hours.

so getting out and tested some new lures ASAP. Any one tried the Salmo diving lure?

many info would be appreciated

WSF Primary Administrator.
Hi mate,

Your still allowed to fish in Jersey?

Registered
Yes all the way through we've been allowed. Been a slow start to the season on the bass anyway, for me at least, but great to be out nevertheless. An advantage being on an Island seems that it has been easier to control the disease. Now the lockdown is being eased we'll see if that's still the case. The big concern is when people start to travel on planes again.

Reactions: hennie and mark333

Registered
The residents of Channel Islands and the IOM are lucky, but our time will come.
We have been fortunate down here in CI鈥檚 WW.
The lockdown restrictions regarding travel/exercise haven鈥檛 been as severe as the UK mainland. Individuals were permitted to travel / soc-dist to the coast for their 2hr exercise allowance. There was never a mention from our Gov. of a ban on sea-angling during this period. The local freshwater angling association (which I am a member of) briefly closed its waters.

Registered
nice vid, if a bit hairy!!, in part one....part two was perfect!!:cool2:...maybe a nice surface lure, may have got you that bigger bass!!!..thanks for letting us know,what we're missing!!:D:D..oly...:cool2:..p.s..did you find your lure box!!:cry:

Registered
Getting almost swept in is sometimes the best thing, reminds us that we have no power when it comes to the sea!
That was a mad video mate thanks for the share!

Registered
We don鈥檛 have rock marks in Norfolk, so the only experience I get is on holiday.
That sea looked pretty benign.
I would have stood there too.
Just goes to show.

Registered
He's young and fit. God knows, I took plenty of risks when I was young. More than once my gear was back up the cliff and i had to open the bail and hare back to safety.

Those days are long gone now though. But back then it was all part of the rush.

I'm sure FishyCustard, like myself has fished these Island waters from an early age and has a good idea about conditions.

We have lost people though. Mostly ones who have recently arrived and have no idea of how swell works. There was a young lad from Madeira a good few years ago, he'd only been here for 3 weeks. Washed in from a popular mackie basher spot on the north coast. I think they eventually found him on a French beach some weeks later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts