World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above, i need a couple of new beachcasters to match with a Shimano Aerlux 7000xsa fixed spool and an Okuma magnetix multiplier
At present using a pair of cheap shakespeare tidewaters (i find these too heavy) and i'm looking for something that'll give a better action on the cast without being too whippy. It'll mainly be used for a steep shingle beach similar to chesil hopefully going after cod/bass/rays
around 5-7oz sound about right?
Budget is tight so somewhere around £60 each
Been looking at the sonik sks but any other suggestions?
Also willing to look at second-hand
Cheers in advance for any input:thumbs:

·
Registered
746 Posts
as above, i need a couple of new beachcasters to match with a Shimano Aerlux 7000xsa fixed spool and an Okuma magnetix multiplier
At present using a pair of cheap shakespeare tidewaters (i find these too heavy) and i'm looking for something that'll give a better action on the cast without being too whippy. It'll mainly be used for a steep shingle beach similar to chesil hopefully going after cod/bass/rays
around 5-7oz sound about right?
Budget is tight so somewhere around £60 each
Been looking at the sonik sks but any other suggestions?
Also willing to look at second-hand
Cheers in advance for any input:thumbs:
The Leeda Northstar beach rod looks ok for the money,but i think thats only rated to 6oz.

G

·
I presume it may well be used at a certain beach near Helston ? I fish that beach a lot during winter (starting this month ! ) used to use a pair of Mk2 Century Tip Tornado Supermatches there but will now be using TFG Delta's as the tip really suits this type of fishing, brilliant rods, so as Selsey says and save up another £39

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.