World Sea Fishing Forums banner

New Boat - Help!!

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  ebgb 
Three will overcroud the boat big time. Also as Tom says it's a sit down and stay down little boat. Any one standing up suddenly and moving to one side or other could easily flip the boat over. Engine 5hp MAXIMUM! Inexperianced people always show their inexperiance by over stating engine requirements. It's a testosterone thing.

I know you are desparate to get afloat but there are much better boats for your needs and money.
Look for a chathederal hull for stability and carrying capacity and 15ft as the minimum length.

Good luck and good hunting.

Afishionado

Good Morning Guys,

I have been talking to the seller of the 13ft (Microplus???) as previously discussed in the above posts on this thread, and he has come up with something which looks more suitable for my needs (???)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ormalite-idea...0098618411QQcategoryZ1296QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have a look and tell me your thoughts and comments, but please bare in mind what I will be using it for (You can see what I want it for in my previous posts on this thread)

The dimensions are as follows:

18ft Length
6.1/2ft Beam

2ft Draught

Rated to 25hp MAX!

What engine size do you think would be suitable?

Who is the manufacturer of such a boat?

Thanks in advance

It's a Microplus Explorer. Could be anything form 1970's to 1990's but from the look of her I would guess she is about 30 years old (not that that is a problem) As for the squeeze three aboard !!! An easy three and a possible four on a fine day.
They have a high freeboard and a shallow V hull certainly not a cathederal. Reasonable in their day as a harbour and coastal fishing/family boat but outclassed by the modern stuff.

This boat in particular needs a lot of cosmetic work at the very least, but having said that if it were cheap enough I would buy her in a heart beat as some hard work and paint would triple here value. Take the "all the wires and steering cables are in good conditions" with a pinch of salt, and if they are that's a bonus. However they are not too expensive to replace.

Engine needs to be a MINIMUM of 25hp and it will be great with a 40/50hp.

Good luck

Afishionado

Afishionado,

Thankyou so much for your help. Decision now made and this boat I will try and get!!!

Would it be possible for you to talk over the phone s you seem so knowledgable and helpful and could be just the man I need to help me on this boat and any queries that I may have?

I would be eternally grateful if that would be possible.

Thankyou so much.

Would it be possible for you to talk over the phone s you seem so knowledgable and helpful and could be just the man I need to help me on this boat and any queries that I may have?

I would be eternally grateful if that would be possible.

No pressure then!!!:)

I'll PM you

Afishionado

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.