Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parker 660 Pilothouse

Votes: 10 83.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a fishing boat for me and two mates and need some advise. I have narrowed my search down to a Jeanneau Merry Fisher Marlin 6, Quicksilver 605 Pilothouse, and Parker 660 Pilothouse.

Does anyone have any advise on these boats to help us decide?

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had a Parker 660 which I just sold, best boat by far.
Reason, better rough weather ride,no slamming feels solid. Had mine for 3 years and nothing broke or fell off, which is more I can say about a Merry Fisher I once had from new.
The Parker also gives you the most room on the back for fishing. Have a look at the boat owning section as I have put real fuel figures up, which you won’t get from any dealer. They all lie or are very vague when it comes to this. Theirs a couple of guys on here who came out on my boat in rough weather and were so impressed the both brought one. Also make sure you get one with a 150HP engine otherwise you will regret it as will be under powered.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
I've only been on them a boat show not out at sea, but to me the Parker is head and shoulders the best of those three - more room, feels more solidly built and a higher quality finish.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I had a Parker 660 which I just sold, best boat by far.
Reason, better rough weather ride,no slamming feels solid. Had mine for 3 years and nothing broke or fell off, which is more I can say about a Merry Fisher I once had from new.
The Parker also gives you the most room on the back for fishing. Have a look at the boat owning section as I have put real fuel figures up, which you won’t get from any dealer. They all lie or are very vague when it comes to this. Theirs a couple of guys on here who came out on my boat in rough weather and were so impressed the both brought one. Also make sure you get one with a 150HP engine otherwise you will regret it as will be under powered.
Where is your info on figures? Cheers

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here’s the info but go to the Boat Owning Group within this forum then Parker Owners Club and your see lots about the Parker

Engine is the new Murcury 150 EFI

3000 revs = 13 knots = 16 LPH
3500 revs = 20 knots = 20 LPH
4000 revs = 24 knots = 30.5 LPH
4500 revs = 29 knots = 39 LPH
5000 rev = 32 knots = 50 LPH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all your comments. Another alternative is a Quicksilver 675 Pilothouse which looks similar size to the Parker which is quite tempting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd go with the Merry Fisher based on the fact I own a 695 at the moment and its a really great boat. We did look at a couple of Parkers before buying the Merry Fisher and it would a toss up between the two but the Merry Fisher just came along at the right price at the right time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Because they are not that well known, I am feeling the need to put a shout in for ST Boats. My 780 (7.14 metres), as pictured is really well built and a good, sturdy sea boat. There is a decent deck space for fishing and the interior is comfortable.
The engine fitted is a 150hp Penta and with that she is very frugal on fuel but not fast. Mine was built in 2002. Basically like a Spanish Merry Fisher.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There is a nice parker for sale at Simpson marine Newhaven it used to be moored near me in Eastbourne the owner decided he wasn't using it enough so decided to sell its almost new with low hours

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi JAMES, theirs a boat show at chichester marina this weekend with the Parker range on show with lots of other boats on show, may be worth a look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts