World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Hello Moonshiners

Offices in Southampton, Poole and Weymouth.
Sub dealers in Bembridge and Chichester.

One of the biggest ranges of boats from any manufacturer

Couldn't possibly say who they are, but read my signature and you may get a clue.

PM me if you would like to know more.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply guys, forgot to mention must have a cuddy, and looking to spend around 10-13k.

Chippy - your boat rocks dude, add a small cuddy and it would be perfect for us, but ideal for the sports/fast fisher...

G

·
thanks for the reply guys, forgot to mention must have a cuddy, and looking to spend around 10-13k.

Chippy - your boat rocks dude, add a small cuddy and it would be perfect for us, but ideal for the sports/fast fisher...

Hi Bjorn

The Beneteau 650WA and it's immediate competitor the Jeanneau 625WA both do have a small cuddy cabin which is remarkably useable although they do not have full pilot houses (they are effectively centre console boats where the console has been "fitted out" and enlarged.

Unfortunately, whilst both of these are the dogs wotsits, they will still be over budget and I very much doubt if you wil fnd one for under £15K with £17K+ being more likely.

Good luck in the search mate.

Tom

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i was swoon over them (both) i love they layout.

Then randomly, e-mail from a mate about one for sale first thing this morning!

Still waiting to see it, but thanks for the info...
Didn't realise it had a propper cuddy at first (thought it was just a stow) but looks ace.

Chippy, how do you find the cabin to actually use?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Chippy, how do you find the cabin to actually use?
Yeah it's great. I we havent yet tried actually sleeping over in it yet, but you'd be suprised how much room is in there - enough for all the rods, fishing gear, spares etc.

I'm down the boat tonight to get her a good clean and i'm taking the camera to get some shots of the new livewell I've made out of one of the transom lockers. I'll try and get some internal shots and will post them later.

Dont forget that they come with a tonneau (??) cover than goes from the console area right back to the transom, so you have plenty of cover if it rains, or from the sun in the summer.

The suzi 4 strokes are really economical as well - more or less 1.5 nautical miles per litre of juice.

G

·
Hi Chippy

On the Jeanneau version we managed to get 12 boat dealers of varios sizes in the cabin of the 625WA!
I have to say it was more than a little bit of a squeeze (we even stuffed a little one right forward around the shelving).

I think you are referring to the bimini top or possibly a Sprayhood and Sun Awning when you are discussing the tonneau, which, incidentally is also available as a option.

The Suzuki 140Hp 4s is a superb engine and should push the boat to 34knots to 36knots depending on load etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks (both) once again, Chippy yea there's a bimini on the one were (hopefully) going to view...

Always interested in pics! Esp of the cuddy area, this one's an older early 00's but just about within our price range so pretty stoked we found one as i figured we'd settle on a more typical "sports cruiser" but i do much prefer the WA type personally, hopefully the cuddy swings it with the ms'...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ah, that's what i was thinking of - a bimini. Our one splits so you can have the full sprayhood/bimini top, which also extends back as far as the transom, or just a little square for sun protection.

I've taken a few more pics, which are on the same page as previous:-

http://www.digitaljersey.co.uk/boat/index.htm

The inside looks pretty small, but it's actually not bad once all the rods, cushions etc are taken out. I'd guess it's about 5.5 x 6.5 feet, with plenty of storage space.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.