World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son wants to take up fishing hes 14 years old can anyone help WHER /WHEN /WHAT TACKLE hes 14 keen as mustard me 41 going on 14 just as keen please help north east coast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GEORDIE said:
Son Wants To Take Up Fishing can anyone give me any advice WHERE / WHEN /WHAT TACKLE. any helpfull advice would be greatly accepted son is 14 keen as mustard dad 41 goinng on 14 just as keen please help

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Welcome to the site m8. Can't help you on marks I'm afraid as I'm nowhere near you. As regards everything else have a good look round, don't be afraid to take a peek at the other regions and don't neglect the blue box on the top left. If you then have any more specific questions don't hesitate to ask and I'm sure someone will help you out.

·
Registered
767 Posts
hi geordie, welcome to the site, if you live near the coast just pop into one of the tackle shops and tell them what you like to do, like beach, pier rock fishing or just general all rounder. I am sure you wont get ripped off as you will be back buying bait etc.

others will add to this and befroe long your head will be full of things you want to buy

have fun matey and happy fishing

:) :) :)

G

·
Basicly You need to decide where you are going to fish ,I found when I first started that a steepish shingle beach like the Co Durham pit beaches ( Horden)were best as theres a fair deepth of water close in.So if you fish a mark like this you can really pick any rod for the job (I would suggest somthing from the Ron Thompson or shasespere range dont go for the buget range as its false econmy but a mid priced rod say 60 to 90 pound will see you ok for a number of seasons same with reels).As for buying gear I would shop around as some shops are there to make a quick buck and dont care wot they sell you so never take what 1 says for granted and go to as many shops as you can as this serves 2 perposes youll get a feel to a shop you like and can trust also you'll gain advice and some tips on the local area and how its fishing I buy most of mt gear online or from the shops in sea angler another good source if you know what your looking for is the second hand market but be careful here .As for marks to try the pit beaches as i've already said ,north gare at hartlepool is a good mark , the river wear as well. Hope I've been some help and hope to see you on the beach soon

·
Banned
40 Posts
:) :) :) best places to go are the groyne(the red light house) and the end of the peir or milldam (easy fish) its rough on peir mind but after a while u get used to it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts