World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the first time in my life i went fishing last night,with bro-in-law. caught 5 flattys on sunderland pier i was chuffed to bits
casting out was abit naff so a mate did it for me,i done the rest
i used my bro-in-law rod and i wanna buy my own rod nd reel how much are they
chrissy

·
Registered
8 Posts
best bet is to buy one of the sea angling magazines as they are full of reviews,tips and tackle shops , most tackle shops on-line or not will offer good advice on what to buy...

·
Registered
173 Posts
£40 and up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey welcome to the site ,If you have an hour or ten go through the posts , there's so much information on there from all the members of this site young and old.
On the left hand bar ,you wil see many many topics on ,bait,tackle rods ,reels ,everthing actually to get you started.
good kuck and welcome to the world of fishing .
tight lines Jury

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
hi mate if u after rod and reel, u can buy my mustard viking rod and i will give u a fix spool reel aswell. where u from, i can post it but u will sadly have to pay postage.

pm me if u interested.
kelvin

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the mad house (The best forum on the web)

There is no answer to your question, we have all bought rubbish sometime in the past and believe me when I say "Money down the drain"

If you are serious about our sport I suggest that you purchase a cheaper 'off the shelf rod' from one of the quality manufacturers i.e. Daiwa - Abu or Shimano. Once you gain more experience then you can branch out and upgrade to something better.

When it comes to the reel then in my opinion you must decide on whether you go for fixed spool or multiplier. This is where the discussions begin!!! I would suggest that you throw yourself in at the deep end and go for a multiplier. They take a little getting used to but worth it in the end.

Whatever reel you choose DO NOT BUY CHEAP RUBBISH you will regret it. I have said this time and time again and have been proved right every time. You will get away with an inexpensive rod from a top manufacturer but you will end up in tears if you buy a cheap reel, whether it is fixed spool or multiplier. An Abu reel will last a lifetime as long as it is looked after, as will a Shimano or Daiwa. As for the other manufacturers - I rest my case.

This is my answer to your question, there will be others with a different opinion which differ from mine.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts