World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on what fixed spool reel to buy next, I’ve been looking at the battle 3 lc and the shimano ultrega ci4 14000. Is there much difference between the ci4 and the power aero xsb 14000 as tempted to get the aero if worth the extra money. I bought a spinfisher vi lc 6500 but can’t get on with the gearing as the retrieval feels tight and hard to crank. Will be casting from the beach so will need to be able to hit long distances whilst having a smooth retrieve, my budget is £350. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Looking for suggestions on what fixed spool reel to buy next, I’ve been looking at the battle 3 lc and the shimano ultrega ci4 14000.
Either of those reels should be ok have heard of good reports of the power aero

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Looking for suggestions on what fixed spool reel to buy next, I’ve been looking at the battle 3 lc and the shimano ultrega ci4 14000. Is there much difference between the ci4 and the power aero xsb 14000 as tempted to get the aero if worth the extra money. I bought a spinfisher vi lc 6500 but can’t get on with the gearing as the retrieval feels tight and hard to crank. Will be casting from the beach so will need to be able to hit long distances whilst having a smooth retrieve, my budget is £350. Thanks for any advice!

PA's half the price of Aero Techs but not half the reel! have both PA body is more rigid and only 30g more heavier

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Power aero allday for me ,fantastic reel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts