World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i'm new here, so forgive me for any noob questions (and my bad english) . :)

I was wondering what Fixed Spool you guys could recommend me, im looking for something that isn't to heavy in weight, i only fish sand beaches but with alot of current mostly, i can use to fish for a bit of everything like sole, eel(not conger), whiting, (light) bass. something in the range of £80-100. Now i'm using a Ryobi ZF6000 but its weight is a but much for me, the rod i'm using is a DAM Sumo 3,90m but i'm thinking about selling both of them to buy something new.

So far i've looked for one of those Shimano Aerlex but haven't been able to find one where i live, i've read something in the Sea Angler magazine about the K2 Powerplay reel, but i haven't found any opinions about it yet.

Thx

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Mate,,,welcome to WSF.
This months sea angler mag has a review of 10 fixed spools,,all well under the money you are looking at.
I use the Penn 70 with a 15 ft rod and have had no problems at all,,,not too heavy.
,, good line lay. Pay around £70,but Gerry`s of Morecambe will do a deal if bought with a Penn rod.

Hope this helps bud,

Terrry F. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Hi mate and welcome to the forum:D , In my opinion the Shakespeare K2 is well worth the money,or if you want something smaller in size try the Leeda Ikon Bass reel,I have just got one myself and it is great value.I got it from Jim's in penzance (Cornwall) for £16 :D

Jims Mail Order
56 Fore Street
Redruth
Cornwall
TR15 2AQ
United Kingdom

By e-mail: [email protected]

By Phone:
Tel: U.K. 01209 313994
Fax: U.K. 01209 211903

Tel: International +44 1209 313994
Fax: International +44 1209 211903

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thx for the quick reactions everyone

I've sent an e-mail to jims to ask how much the shipping costs are first cus those seem to be high in some Uk tackle shops.

+ i checked the sea angler magazine but those are all spinning reels, right now i only need a new reel for beachcasting to replace my ryobi. For Bass spinning i already use my abu cardinal

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi bassbe.
The spinning reels were in the June issue.
Check the July issue for the beach fixed spools.
Probably take a liittle longer to reach you in Belgium but there is some good info.
All the best bud.

Terry F.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah lol i see, damn its gonna be hard to get my hands on it then, my dad always brought the magazine with him because he was working in the UK, now he's working in Estonia... guess ill have to check the bookstores then. thx :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+

I've found some interesting deals on a Dutch 2nd hand e-market

Some reels that look interesting

Daiwa Emblem -Z 6000 PT don't have a price on this yet

Shimano Twin Power XT 4000 70€

Mitchell Armada 8000 pro 80€

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Might be a bit off the wall but I have an Abu Cardinal 505r it's capable of holding 300 yards of 12lb line and is robust enough for light surf work-I use it with a 10' Bass rod and can also double up as a spinning reel when the mood takes me :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How far can you cast with that setup? I need a fixed spool which i can use to cast pretty far, since the local pier here is closed off i can only fish from the beach :mad:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I use the bass rod for fishing in,and just beyond the surf and so don't need to cast very far. I use a 30lb shockleader and a 3oz weight and can easily put a weighted trace about 60 or 70 yards using an old DAM 10' surf rod. If I want to fish further out I use a beachcaster and Abu multiplier. For spinning I can put a dexter wedge about 70 yards which is more than ample. The Sea Angler you have reviewed this reel along with others purely as a spinning reel. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Keep saying that to 'er indoors when she's on another interminable diet-just had a look at ewenny stores website - they seem to have some good deals-sorry about this arvo m8 I WILL see you soon

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hi BassBE !

I have Shimano Exage 2500 and 4000. They are a bit light for beachfishing.
I also have Daiwa Emcast 5500 and 5500plus for my beach fishing. 7 and 10 ballbearings respectevly.

YOU CANNOT BUY A BETTER FIXED SPOOL REEL FOR BAECH FISHING UNDER £100 THAN DAIWA EMCAST!

For your needs the Daiwa Emcast 5000 or 4500 will be perfect. They weigh 625g.
They cost around £60 or for the plus models £80.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey

Thx for all the reactions, ill check that emcast out, it seems pretty solid

I also have a deal going on for a Daiwa Emblem but i'm still waiting for more information

1 - 20 of 22 Posts