World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to magor today to have a look around a new gate been put up can"t go left or right no more in the car small parking area just through the gate at end of lane any on why is it farmer or water board new stone road been put down

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
went to magor today to have a look around a new gate been put up can"t go left or right no more in the car small parking area just through the gate at end of lane any on why is it farmer or water board new stone road been put down
The environment agency have installed the barrier (no doubt at the request of the farmer ).
This is the track/lane that I had been trying to get declared a public right of way but due to lack of support I gave up --unfortunately I dont think it is now a winnable exercise because the barrier has been justified by claims that it is to prevent any further deaths after the fatal accident when a car wound up in the ditch a year or 2 ago.!!!???
Even though there are miles of public country roads that have reens running alongside them this is just the excuse that the landowners have been searching for to justify closing off access to the foreshore in the Magor,Redwick areas and I think that we can unfortunately look forward to losing a lot more access routes in the very near future .
I for once hope to be proved wrong but it definitely looks ominous.
Yatoes

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
great how many cars they left room for any ideas and how far ups the gate past the cattle grid
Just a few yards up from grid ---parking for less than a dozen cars !!!
I wont be parking there cos its too far from fishing marks -- ideal for thieves to strip your car while you are blanking

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Been trying to ask Environment Agency questions bout gate cos I got my doubts whether proper proceedures have been followed prior to its installation --- but I cant get anyone to give straight answer !! Soon as I can find anything out I will let everyone know. Meanwhile if anyone has any suggestions (sensible) or contacts please let me know .
But as I previously posted I think the cause is lost as without a great deal of support both legal and financial we got no chance of retaining/recovering unrestricted access to Magor and Redwick. Yatoes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts