World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks i'm looking to invest in a decent Head torch and i'm wondering if anyone Recommends a brand or headtorch to look into.

Your Feedback would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quite liking the Nightsearcher HT550, can be had for a reasonable price off a certain Auction site (picked mine up for approx £30ish) I use rechargeables in mine, bought it as a back up to my LED Lenser 14.2R but very much like it

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Buy any lamp made by Fenix and you wont go wrong, There's plenty to choose from .I use the HP30 and HL 55 and recommend them both.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Fenix are great, although I also have a LED lenser H7R that’s great. Although I am now preferring batteries to chargeable one - the number of times I have got it out and it’s flat

·
Premium Member
15,636 Posts
I've a fenix you can have for free.
I wouldn't have another one.
I use ebay cheapies. I bought 4 over 5 years ago in case they broke and I'm still on the first one.
I bought decent batteries and charger. I'm fishing right now and I'll take a photo of it.

20190712_185619.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've a fenix you can have for free.
I wouldn't have another one.
I use ebay cheapies. I bought 4 over 5 years ago in case they broke and I'm still on the first one.
I bought decent batteries and charger. I'm fishing right now and I'll take a photo of it.

View attachment 1189849
I bought 2 of those last year from ebay for £12.10 delivered. With decent batteries they're actually very good indeed. I intended to use them just as a back up headtorch, but use them all the time now.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I use one with a blue flood light on it as well as a white adjustable light the blue light doesn't effect your natural night vision like white does but main advantage is that blue light makes anything white,orange,yellow red really pop so rod tips and O/Y/R line/leader stands out.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
My mates got a couple of the cheap ebay lamps with is own charger and battery's, and to be fair ive never seen such bright head lamps. My self ive got 2 hl55 from fenix which I think are quite good but makes you think about the cheap ebay ones which are twice as bright as mine and a lot less money.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
My mates got a couple of the cheap ebay lamps with is own charger and battery's, and to be fair ive never seen such bright head lamps. My self ive got 2 hl55 from fenix which I think are quite good but makes you think about the cheap ebay ones which are twice as bright as mine and a lot less money.
Agree Mike but they eat batteries,and they are not very water tight.Did you know Fenix
are ISO certified,and build their torches and lamps to the highest standard you can
buy today.But no manufacturer is 100 % perfect,as someone mentioned.I have about
10 Fenix torches and lamps,and have never had the slightest problem with them.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
Fenix are made in China! :ugh2:
Yes they are mate like the Apple iphone:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:
Do you know what ISO means? Fenix have higher standards of build than most other
light makers you could name.Do not think everything that comes out of China is junk.
The Chinese are better than most in the art of assembling products to a high standard.
That is why many of the biggest brands in the world,get their stuff made there.
And lets not forget its cheaper as well;)

·
Premium Member
15,636 Posts
Yes they are mate like the Apple iphone:BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin::BigGrin:
Do you know what ISO means? Fenix have higher standards of build than most other
light makers you could name.Do not think everything that comes out of China is junk.
The Chinese are better than most in the art of assembling products to a high standard.
That is why many of the biggest brands in the world,get their stuff made there.
And lets not forget its cheaper as well;)
I agree completely that's why I use the cheap ebay ones.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
All depends on budget really, Fenix are apparently very good (never used one myself), Petzl and very good, and then there’s too end stuff like Lupine which make the others look like they can out of a Christmas cracker. Extra money gets improved water/impact resistance, less weight and better heat management so it all last longer and can run brighter, and if you’re planning to run bright you’ll need to get rid of the heat.

You’ll see wild claims about output on many lamps, but that’s all theoretical based on the emitter. Most lamps use the same Cree LEDs, or at least claim to, so it’s how they’re used that makes the difference. Some are very bright only in a very concentrated circle, others are very bright over half the beach, yet both have same claimed output.

Same as always; buy it nice or buy it twice.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts