World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after backing out an all day and nighter at etive because of crap weather forecast myself and lee headed east to somewhere ive been wanting to try for a while now,i wasnt disappointed.

arrived around 11am and started fishing with 3 hook flapper with mackie and lug on light gear.
after a couple of casts i was struggling to get my gear through the rocks and weed so beefed the gear up a tad.on the last cast on the light gear i lifted into a good bit of weight and was about about 40yrds out when i got snagged and the shock leader knot snapped.lost the lot.
it was doing my head in that the shock leader rig etc was still out there,so after bout 30min i managed wade out over the rocks and tracked it down.
it had my first triple shot and first ever turbot hooked.

it was a fish almost a cast for me with lee having some flounder to.
lee flounder

double shot

another

another turbot

and my new p.b flounder est over 2lb and was 40cm in length

i ended up with 12 fish in total 2turbot and 10 flounder.lee had a good few flounder

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
good weather ,new species ,pb and some quality fish as well ! sounds like the perfect trip to me mate ! good result for a first go on a new venue,well done .
cheers rab

·
Registered
915 Posts
Well done on the new species and PB m8, looks like u made the right choice. Weather looks no bad in the pics as well.cheers.

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well done mate good sesh there weather doesnt look the worse either karl said you were having a sesh there looks to have been a good decision.
yeah think it was a better choice,wind was behind us a good bit shelter.karl said he might turn up up but didnt get out his scracther until p.m:crazy:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
yeah think it was a better choice,wind was behind us a good bit shelter.karl said he might turn up up but didnt get out his scracther until p.m:crazy:
aye sleeping off arbroath said he tried a new mark up there he fancied but didnt do well maybe just wrong day wrong time hopefully.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
quality sesh there well done bud, nice turbos too.

Neal

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
well done fella, cracking session and big flounder, is that not worth a mission accomplished " Flattie " badge at that size? just incase your interested in that.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well done Tommy thats a cracking days fishing :thumbs:

Lovely looking turbot and some nice sized flounder,, especially the 2 pounder..

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well done on your sesh a pb flounder :clap: and a first ever turbot :clap:makes for a great day out.Looks like you had some decent weather too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts