World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and relatively new to the world of shorefishing so a big hallo to awby :)
Just moved to Bury area in lancashire from scotland via anglesey (where i got the fishing bug) and am heading back there this weekend for a bit o lead thumpin , still at the point where even getting doggy's are nice , but thats the straits i spose , now want to step up a gear and target anything else - thinking about wylfa power station (heard it's really good for bass)- how friendly is it for the novice ? or are they any other areas i should consider that are showing some nice fish just now.

also as my only other fishin buddy lives on angelsy ,im lookin fer some company on other trips and locations ;)

ohh yeah and share petrol costs -muahahahaha

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Aright Tricky laaaaaaaaaaa,there`s a few lads from Radcliffe/Bolton areas on
www.wirralseafishing.co.uk who fish with us regularly,and car share,so you could get in touch with them.Also look on the fishing sessions section of the forum,where you`ll see where we`re fishing each weekend e.t.c....you could always meet up with someone on the way to Wales,as we`re down there a lot through the summer.A few of us are going for bass at Dinas on Sat night,and smooth hounds on the way home at dawn ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
N1 M8ty ,will do ,which dinas? i had a quick squint using miltimap.co.uk an theres three of them , granted 1 of them is a couple of mile inshore so i can rule that 1 out, i take its the one near caenarfon?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Welcome to the site Tricky.
If you fancy having a run out with a small group from your area give me a PM bud.
We come from Littleborough ,Rochdale and Heywood and travel to Anglesey,Fleetwood,Celevelys and Cumbria fairly often.
Good set of lads , guarantee a laugh.
All the best,
Terry F.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Terry :D will do

btw:

how do the members of the forum/group recognise each other apart from meet ups etc.As a member of another forum for one of my other pastimes (bushcraft),theres badges and other bits and pieces to help identify ourselves to each other in case we bump into each other while out and about and therefore make it easier to approach

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
TrickyK said:
Cheers Terry :D will do

btw:

how do the members of the forum/group recognise each other apart from meet ups etc.As a member of another forum for one of my other pastimes (bushcraft),theres badges and other bits and pieces to help identify ourselves to each other in case we bump into each other while out and about and therefore make it easier to approach
dying to ask mate, what is this "bushcraft website?. and please do elaborate on the badges and stuff that you use to indentify yourselves.
:) terry is a good man, he rides a scooter i think :D
do you comunicate in the dark by knocking acorns together :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol
it must be him blasting out angels from the karaoke at the Towler i can hear on friday night then

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ian houlton said:
dying to ask mate, what is this "bushcraft website?. and please do elaborate on the badges and stuff that you use to indentify yourselves.
:) terry is a good man, he rides a scooter i think :D
do you comunicate in the dark by knocking acorns together :)

http://www.bushcraftuk.co.uk/

its all about outdoorsy/woodlandly stuff-some handy bits and pieces to know especially if fishin on yer tod on a remote spot -well for me anyway

nothin bettin imo than catchin a bit o fish - then gatherin some local edible vegetation if and cookin it up cave man style there and then using primitive fire lighting tecniques
(local by- laws and areas permitting making of fires)(this was a lot easier in scotland not so much allowable in england and wales

and yep some double standards on my part - carbon fibre rods etc and then some serious stick rubbing :confused:

as for identification - various cloth badges to sew on kit , t-shirts etc ,
handy for those that would like to affiliate themselves as members and also brings in a bit of money for website maintenance/hosting

·
Registered
168 Posts
:confused: not done any of that stuff since running around Sennybridge.(old git now)Can skin a rabbit with my teeth though.But they never told us how you catch one when both arms are broke :)You don't need a badge!it's the guy thats stood waiting at the chippy at 0900.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts