World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi out there - I have recently taken up fishing again now kids are older. I fancy trying my hand at plug and lure fishing around the south hams where I live. Having read the article in this site on powerball fishing I purchased a similar product called ballrag which is used to help cast light weight lures further. Now having got home I was a little confused to see two swivels attached to an eye on one end of the float/weight and nothing on the other.I presumed there was going to be a swivel either end.Do any of you know how it's meant to be used please

ps I fished it tonight and just attached plug to one swivel and main line to the other and to my surprise it seemed to work ok-didn't appear to influence movement of plug but did get caught up now and again.I don't think I'll bother with it again though unless I'm casting into wind as I didn't feel you gain that much,and it takes away the beauty of fishing really light.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Had a look on the net m8... sry they got me confused as well :confused: I am sure some of the members will come up with the answer though.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Sounds simple to me, you obviously connect your reel line to one swivel, & your lure to the other, the ball then sits above the line like a float as you reel in!
Either that or some toerag has come into the tackle shop, & swapped the swivels to one end to confuse you, & it sounds like he has!!HEEEE HEEE HEEEE
blueskip

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you attach lure and mainline to the same end/side of the ball, surely you would get a great deal of drag. I would have thought a swivel either end would be preferable. I shall be powerballing with home made rig made from golf balls and will try both out. I'll let you know which is best.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts