World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to angling and just found this site. i went on shore fishing forum but did not know i could go to another forum if i did not live in that area. you lot have caught loads of fish does it take long to learn cos i can't weight but do not want to get anything big for now

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Prawn and welcome to the site,
Plenty of good stuff on here m8-have a browse around, check out some of the threads and don't neglect the articles in the blue box on the left. Probably better to avoid any threads started by Marcus, Ian Houlton or anyone claiming to provide luxury motors for the more discerning tackle dealer unless you're not of a nervous disposition ;) . If you then have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask and someone will be sure to help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
No really welcome to the site prawn you will enjoy it well most of it anyway so post away and ask as many questions as you like no matter how trivial they seem just read jakebs and you,llsee what i meen:D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome Prawn

Learning to fish takes a whole lifetime :D

I'm sure you will find lots of useful info on here, both in the articles on the main site, and also in the previous forum posts. Play about with the search facility and I am sure you will find many of your questions answered already. Of course, feel free to ask anything that hasn't been covered, and be sure to keep us all informed of your success and failures as (believe it or not) this will be of help to others

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Prawn welcome to the site

are you in the Poole area? There are are a lot of anglers in the area that will give you any help they can. Please ask questions and we will try and give the answers that will help you.. hope you enjoy the site and learn more about the sport.. even the oldies learn things they didnt know before..

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello mates thank you for the advice yes i do live near poole, blandford actually.
can i ask a question please, i read a lot about bass on this site last night and read that lots of people have got some big bass, but when i went to work thismorning and looked at the fish they were all really small. when i asked why they were not very big i got told to go away so can sumone tell me why please. and why do i need to not ask ianhoulton and marcus questions they seem alright and ian houlton and someone else have offered to take me fishing, should i not go :)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Prawn,

The remark about Ian, Marcus and myself was made with my tongue firmly in my cheek m8. as our posts tend to veer wildly off topic and degenerate into something which while probably amusing hardly ever has anything to do with fishing.
The Bass at your work are farmed and different rules apply-there was a thread some weeks ago about this. There is some dispute over minimum landing sizes for bass with different areas having different sizes-perhaps someone in your neck of the woods will advise. The national minimum size used to be 37.5 cm but I'm pretty certain it has now been raised to 39 cm - in My area, ie South Wales it is 45 cm. Which equates to 2 1/2 to 3 lb. If you were to take home a fish the same size as your work sells you would be leaving yourself open to a fine - so next time you're in work you can tell them that you know more than them and not to be so rude in the future ;) . If Ian offers to take you fishing then take the opportunity-you probably won't learn much about fishing ;) but you should have a good day anyway and if you're ever in South Wales let me know and I'll take you out.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
welcome prawn,u will learn a lot by visting this site.shaggy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts