World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good is this new namix mould ,will getting these bait clips be easy to get and will the mould come apart easier than previous versions
Bait clips look similar to those imps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mat cant wait to start making them up going to fit tongs to the mould make it easier .
Isit just off namix you can buy the bait clips or will they be in the shops soon

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
the clips, wires and loop is all readily available.

I just recieved the new 8oz mould this morning, it has good sized prising slot so should make it slightly easier to seperate the mould, however even the other namix moulds ive used, never had any problems,
the slot on this mould is clearly a touch deeper.

looking forward to viewing the finished lead with the nice number 8 stamped on the side lol.
this extra bling should help attract the big fish lol.. wishful thinkiing :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it looks tidy .with tongs fitted saves time and less burnt pinkys lol .will make a few up and cant wait to test them out if anything like previous versions will be onto a winner

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Does the plastic bit come off after casting like the imp does, they look good tho.
Come off? Not sure what you mean Matt? As the lead hits the water the "V" shape cut out causes water pressure to hit the black plastic bit and tip it over...releasing the hook.

The black plastic stays attached to the lead..

·
Registered
PB BASS 75CM
7,954 Posts
How good is this new namix mould ,will getting these bait clips be easy to get and will the mould come apart easier than previous versions
Bait clips look similar to those imps
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400-x-7-S...428&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=350509031274&

i get my wires and loops from here
there are the best on e-bay
cut the loops in half turn up the cut ends and get 2 out of 1
i dont ues clips in my 7oz mould as i ave total faith in break away clips
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MAD-ANGUS-...l?_fsub=2&_sid=77251096&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
here's a page on his lead making supplies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what mathew means ive lost.a few imps on mixed ground on the original imps they were much harder to put on you needed pliars the new version has bigger link and can be put on using your fingers its this new model of imps from.breakaway your having probs with the mk1s are good but mk2 is were you can lose the imp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts