World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a bit late,but 10 days ago decided to try for barbel again as the river carp were doing me head in:rtfm:..lol. set up as normal and decided to try me new cheapy bite alarms as was still an alarm virgin.
all was quiet for a couple of hours when the alarm sprang to life,struck and fish on.could tell it was a decent fish and fought hard for the ever evident snags,thankfully was using braid to a mono leader and this cut through the lilly pads nicely.
result was this beauty just shy of 10lb at 9lb 10oz,no monster but well happy with it
:fish:
oh yes,caught on the severn near tewkesbury

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
don't put your self down i think that is a very respectable size barbal and a cracker of a fish. i wouldn't mind catching one that big. is that a can of tizer next to you lol

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well done mate, :1a: admire your honesty too, many would call it 10lb, keep at it though, the barbel should be feeding hard and putting on weight soon, and dont give up on those river carp!

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well spotted,that is a can of tizer:wiggle:
only managed a few carp of 7/8lb so far,lost 2 good doubles and not had a sniff since.a few barbel in double figures have been caught,but all on private stretches.could do with a bit of fresh water to liven things up a bit.
got me eye on a few pike whilst mooching with an led at night,surprised at how many are right in the margins:fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.