World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been quiet for a wee while :). not had much time on here or fishing so decided too give it a go today,

arrived at arbroath with spinning rod and lures around 2.00pm, water was bit rougher than i hoped for., but sea was quite clear which was good,
i started fishing with a black 10inch fishtek sandeel lure...lol wishful thinking :)
so with no huge fish wanting it , i decided too try the same lure but a more appropriate size :)
hours past and i tried various coloured lure ...nothing,

as it approached low tide the weather and wind settled down , nearly ideal conditions , so my hopes picked up .
shortly after low tide, i changed too a 4 " fishtek sandeel and few casts i got a good take, and managed my best Pollack too date, touch over 4lb . at 4lb 1oz.

(sorry bad pics again )

then shortly after another take but on a red and black jelly worm , a smaller 2lb Pollack..

typical as things picked up i had too set off home.... nevermind still got a pollack pb and few hours fishing. just braw :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice one thats top draw mate keep it up
Neal
The Skink

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Nice one! wish I could find Pollack that size up here.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys.

Dave im saving the Big yins for thursday :).

What a fight from these fish, some power for size...brilliant.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
well done andy any day you get a new pb:clap2: is a very good day indeed :clap3:

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
its always good to get a new pb, that has got me in the mood to go and do some pollacking this week .

well done

al

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aye another new pb, not bad considering the few times ive fished for pollack,
previous best was 3lb 7oz now 4lb 1oz... and im told its early in season for them.

cant wait too get out again and hopefully get another new Pb :)
( im slowly edging towards my aim , a 10lb shore pollack lol )

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
WELL DONE! Andy mate thats a cracking fish. Hopefully you will have got an even bigger one next time i read your threads. Still going for that 10lb target fish? I can't wait to get out and have a crack for them soon:)

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
great fish your doing tops i got 100 of them jelly worms me self gonna have to give em ago

yet a few month back you was askin for help on pollack fishing i reckon you cracked it m8

·
Registered
851 Posts
well done Andy, always great to get a P.B, sounds like you've got this pollock fishing to a "t" now mate, that ten pounder is just waiting for your lure..........

:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers guys,

yip , just a matter off time before the 10lber jumps on my lure lol.. maybe a yr or 2 but i will keep trying :)

aye bob , easy fishing this m8.. but its often harder digging around in my pocket for money for lures ( she gets too it first lol )

i better type fast before she sees this :) :) and i also get a ticht yin behind the heed lol.

looking forward too next wee trip oot already.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I think you should put a little bit about those lures you used in our pollack guide mate. I got some of them as they were on offer at Veals, cant wait to try them out over the southwest coast at bank holiday weekend.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well done Andy nice fish mate. Definatly starting to see a pattern with the sea state.

About that 10lb fish.....if your lucky enough to hook 1 watch out i dont cut your line through jealousy!! Na only joking i wouldnt do that.:unsure: I wouldnt cut it just shake the fish off:unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts