World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you good folks know anything about fishing around New Quay, Ceredigion.
I'm there on hols next week and hope to get a few hours fishing. The tides look poor but any info on where to fish, what tactics and bait would be much appreciated. I plan to take a beach caster and spinning outfit unless othwise advised.

thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
:unsure: HELLO JETSTREAM
I FISH NEWQUAY ALL YEAR ROUND I FISHED THE HARBOUR WALL FROM TUE TO SAT THIS WEEK 23RD - 25TH SMALL WHITING AND DOGGIES ONLY ITS BEEN A POOR YEAR FOR THE FISHING, THE MACKEREL CAME AND WENT OUT EARLY SO THE PREDITORS DIDENT GET A CHANCE TO STAY.BUT ITS WORTH A TRY JUST LOOKED AT THE TIDES FOR YOU THE WEEKEND STARTING THE 2ND OF THE TENTH 10-42 AM 4.9 MTRS 23.02 4.8MTRS ALL DROPING FROM MON TO 3 MTR TIDES I FIND IT BEST TO FISH 5 HRS UP OR 3 HRS DOWN... BAITS MACK AND SQUID... RAGS SEEM TO TAKE ALL THE SMALL STUFF. TACKEL RUNNING LEDGER 30Z WEIGHT SIZE 2 HOOK THE HARBOUR WALL IS GOOD BUT YOU NEED TO CAST A GOOD WAY OUT. LOOK WHERE THE BOATS ARE GOING IN AND OUT OF THE HARBOUR THERE IS A DEEP GULLY THERE. THE FISH FACTORY IS VERY GOOD BUT CAN BE A HAZARD WHEN THE ROCK IS WET DONT FISH IT ALONE! E-MAIL ME FOR MORE INFO CANT GIVE IT ALL AWAY CAN I LMAO ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts