World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv just got my 525 super mag extra with the knobbly magnets, its brand new and im just wondering what i need to do with it before i use it lol will it need oiling or anything or just put the line on and away it goes. think im goin to head down the beach tomorrow for a few casts to set it up il be putting cheap line on incase i get a birds nest :p then after its all set up il be doing abit fishing on shields pier if the weather is nice anyway.

cheers lads

·
Registered
410 Posts
No need to do nowt with it mate, just make sure you start with the brakes full on and then as you've had a few casts start to wind the knobby off till your happy and your reels not blowing up.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was thinking that but my mate said he always oils his new reals i wasnt planning on to but just wanted to make sure i didnt need to.

i see you like these reals, what do you think of them compared to the slideys and whats the difrence is it just the nobbly. i only got this real as the mag extra was 125 and i seen this super mag extra for 130 and in the tackle shops they were sayin 200 so i snaped it up :p just orderd 2 new gold power handles for both my 525 mags aswell

·
Registered
410 Posts
yeah i was thinking that but my mate said he always oils his new reals i wasnt planning on to but just wanted to make sure i didnt need to.

i see you like these reals, what do you think of them compared to the slideys and whats the difrence is it just the nobbly. i only got this real as the mag extra was 125 and i seen this super mag extra for 130 and in the tackle shops they were sayin 200 so i snaped it up :p just orderd 2 new gold power handles for both my 525 mags aswell
Only reason I like the knobbys is because the slideys sometimes move from where you had it set and when you go to cast they blow up into big seagull nests lol, the knobby stays where you left it as it's a clicker, that's the only reason I use the knobby as opposed to the slidey mate. What time you down the beach tomorrow casting with the knobby then and which beach.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
il be at south shields beach probly on the big beach as its abit flatter to cast off, iv just gotton back into fishing after 2 or 3 year so need some practice lol. il be taking some bait down the goin on the pier afterwards aswell.

i just fancied the knobbly to try nocking down the magnets when casting when the reel is slowing down to try get that bit extra distance lol worth a try

·
Registered
410 Posts
il be at south shields beach probly on the big beach as its abit flatter to cast off, iv just gotton back into fishing after 2 or 3 year so need some practice lol. il be taking some bait down the goin on the pier afterwards aswell.

i just fancied the knobbly to try nocking down the magnets when casting when the reel is slowing down to try get that bit extra distance lol worth a try
Ok mate, happy practising and hope ya catch sommat :fishing1:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers mate, i hope i catch something nice aswell to christen my reels :p. was fishing down the walkway today had a few codling nothing special just around the 1lb mark all got returned safly. see what happens at the pier tomorrow if its horrible weather il be giving it a miss hopefully the sun will be out. iv just baught some ultima distance aswell im dying to fill my reel up with it but im expecting a nest tomorrow lol so il use my cheap stuff

·
Registered
410 Posts
cheers mate, i hope i catch something nice aswell to christen my reels :p. was fishing down the walkway today had a few codling nothing special just around the 1lb mark all got returned safly. see what happens at the pier tomorrow if its horrible weather il be giving it a miss hopefully the sun will be out. iv just baught some ultima distance aswell im dying to fill my reel up with it but im expecting a nest tomorrow lol so il use my cheap stuff
I'm just getting back into fishing again myself after a few years off, I always liked to use Daiwa tournament line, but I've just recently got some Sakuma nite crystal to try, I'll be going out shortly and making some birds nest of my own lol

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol it happens its the only way to learn, i oiled my 525 the over week with abu oil i need the magnets on 8 or it starts trying to nest i still need to slow it down abit with my thumb. im putting the ultima distance on my old 525 and using my old line on the new reels for a few casts then while im down the beach tomorrow il take the old crap off and put some daiwa sensor on my new 1 :p iv got tomorrow planned out nicely if the weather stays nice lol i hope so.

i might try the sakuma soon then just trying to find some nice line to start using all the time instead of my cheap stuff on a 1000 yard spool :p iv got some red ice ultima distance and diawa sensor to try out i always used the daiwa stuff back in the day

·
Registered
410 Posts
lol it happens its the only way to learn, i oiled my 525 the over week with abu oil i need the magnets on 8 or it starts trying to nest i still need to slow it down abit with my thumb. im putting the ultima distance on my old 525 and using my old line on the new reels for a few casts then while im down the beach tomorrow il take the old crap off and put some daiwa sensor on my new 1 :p iv got tomorrow planned out nicely if the weather stays nice lol i hope so.

i might try the sakuma soon then just trying to find some nice line to start using all the time instead of my cheap stuff on a 1000 yard spool :p iv got some red ice ultima distance and diawa sensor to try out i always used the daiwa stuff back in the day
I always nested my knobby and I probs still will, always trying to take the mags off that little to much lol. I only used the Daiwa tournament for the clean beaches, never used it in the rough, always used Diawa sensor 30lb straight through for the rough, plus the sensors cheap enough.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i like the sesor iv never tried the tournament stuff i might giv that a go aswell 1 day lol. the ultima distance feels lovely line well compared to what i was using it always had little kinks in the side of the spool like where it drops down a little at each side when i reel in funny but the ultima distance went on the reel lovely and smooth i think il like that. when i tried tying the shockleader knot with the cheap line it just kept snaping under pressure so il have to do a bimini twist on that tomorrow cant wait to get that line off :p as soon as the mags are set up right its coming off

·
Registered
410 Posts
yeah i like the sesor iv never tried the tournament stuff i might giv that a go aswell 1 day lol. the ultima distance feels lovely line well compared to what i was using it always had little kinks in the side of the spool like where it drops down a little at each side when i reel in funny but the ultima distance went on the reel lovely and smooth i think il like that. when i tried tying the shockleader knot with the cheap line it just kept snaping under pressure so il have to do a bimini twist on that tomorrow cant wait to get that line off :p as soon as the mags are set up right its coming off
bimini twist :banghead::cc_surren tried tying that a hundred times over one weekend and just gave up, felt like jumping out me window I was that depressed, I could not get it right lol

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i was suprised when i could tie it still after i didnt go fishing for a few year. i was trying to describe how to do it there but its abit hard lol my mate showed me how to do it 1 winters day on the end of the pier, i only normally use it through the winter with a nice long shockleader or when i useing cheap line that keeps snapping when i do a quick little knot so il have to do it on my cheap line today lol as it keeps on snapping

1 - 14 of 14 Posts