World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a new spinning reel, any one found anything better than the Pflueger Patriarch.?????????????

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dont know the Patriarch but dont think you can beat the Shimanos for line lay and all round performance. The Rarenium is superb value for money and not far behind the Stella for a lot less dosh.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
61,458 Posts
Dont know the Patriarch but dont think you can beat the Shimanos for line lay and all round performance. The Rarenium is superb value for money and not far behind the Stella for a lot less dosh.
Spot on Andrew...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Even the basic Exage does a job. Shimano seem to have a good line lay even on their budget reels and the more i use braid, the more I think this is a significant factor in reducing wind knots and other problems. I havent used the Stradic but its reputation is good.

·
61,458 Posts
Even the basic Exage does a job. Shimano seem to have a good line lay even on their budget reels and the more i use braid, the more I think this is a significant factor in reducing wind knots and other problems. I havent used the Stradic but its reputation is good.
I had a pair of the white stradics about 10+ years ago and they were great with wonderful line lay.

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
Pfugier is a shakey reel. Think it's a shakey president could be wrong on the model, it's also a Mitchell job too.
Shimano 100%

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
down to three-------sustain, stradic c14 or quantum smoke. great to hear from anyone who has had one of these in the past couple of yrs. They are all quite
expensive reels for me so i want to try to get it right.Its going on a shimano technium df 2.7mtr 20-50grm spin rod. target mostly bass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
don't mess about and get a stella,not an sw as its ott,you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
down to three-------sustain, stradic c14 or quantum smoke. great to hear from anyone who has had one of these in the past couple of yrs. They are all quite
expensive reels for me so i want to try to get it right.Its going on a shimano technium df 2.7mtr 20-50grm spin rod. target mostly bass.
Avoid the quantum smoke like the plague , i had the quantum exo pti ( near as dammit same reel different colour ) seized within 6 months , someone else i know had similar experience with the smoke . Blingy looking reels but not up to the job of salt water fishing , not cheap either .......dont do it , trust me . Shimano every time .....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Had a Quantum smoke when I first started lure fishing, began to get squeaky even though I washed it after every trip and kept it well lubed, used to suffer from wind knots with it too, now have a Stradic, much better real, seldom have wind knots now and balances my outfit a lot better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats the smoke out of the window then---thanks guys its looking like the stradic !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go for the twinpower I've got 2, this one last week from japan only 120.00 plus tax, if your lucky there put a lower price on the custom form, excellent reels. One down from the stella.
20140424_215416.jpg

·
61,458 Posts
Daiwa Luvias for me....

Same drive line as my Branzino and like a jewel in the hand.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Shimano all the way.

I have the Aernos in 3000's no problems. Rarenium, Sustain and the Aero CI14 in 4000's, love them all but the Aero is really performing well. Line lay is great and the over size spool works a treat with line lay. Most probably looking to sell a couple to fund the new Stella out this year.

·
61,458 Posts
Shimano all the way.

I have the Aernos in 3000's no problems. Rarenium, Sustain and the Aero CI14 in 4000's, love them all but the Aero is really performing well. Line lay is great and the over size spool works a treat with line lay. Most probably looking to sell a couple to fund the new Stella out this year.
Those Stellas look amazing...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts