World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all iv bin doing a bit of beach fishing over the last 2 years and its bout time I replaced my first rod an reel it was ok for a first rod but it really needs to go now. I'm after a fixed spool reel an rod to go with it most of my beach fishing is done in the winter month on the Bristol Channel .
Thinking about my budget I don't want to go mad but don't want to regret not spending that little bit more on that better one, think you all know what I mean
Any help would be very much appreciated
Cheers russ :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I bought a second hand rod of ebay a few weeks back 13ft Team Daiwa fixed spool 4-8oz and it's a great rod for £65 and cast really well. A lot of people say the Shakespeare Salt XT Surf Rod is a great rod for the price but you cant go far wrong with a Daiwa.
I also put up a post asking for reel advice and many recommended the shimano Aerlex but it was a bit pricey and I couldn't find a 8000 size one in my budget. I bought in the end the Mitchell Compact Gold 8000 form Veals with a taperd spool and it casts miles and I am well impressed and the retrive on it is superfast. If you would have said a Multiplier rod and reel you would have got loads of replies as everyone seems to use them and so did I until my back gave me a bit of trouble. If you want to save money then second hand is the way to go as you can find some real bargains and get a decent rod for half the money with hardly a scratch on it, best of luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your help it just that I don't know my rods this is why I asked, the only reason I use a fs is because its all I know and have ever used
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.