World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought a Powerplay for my lad as his first rod its been great. Ive had the chance to fish with and own some very good rods from, Conoflex, ZZiplex, Century and Penn. Ive also played a part in testing some pre production models from the above list, but i must say i am very impressed with the powerplay its a great rod and my son is doing very well with it. Its outstanding for the money and is better than many a rod costing twice the price.

Hope you enjoy your new rod, all the best Ryan :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Bass, sorry but no nothing lurking in the shed, what you looking for? might be able to get you a deal?

Ryan.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well..i thought it was horrible...far to bendy,no "power" at all...
so if i was you,,i wouldnt bother..The Cheaper Summit is a FAAAAAAAR better rod...easy to cast,,plenty of grunt to it..

In fact i was so unhappy with the powerplay, i took it back to the shop this morning,swapped it,,and paid the extra for a Shakespeare Neptune!..rrp £105..got it for £88

Far better rod me thinks! :cool:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
When I have worn out my Conoflex "Osprey" (prototype carbon blank), my Daiwa "Paul Kerry" (prototype finished carbon rod), & my Abu Atlantic 484, I will think of buying a new rod. Thought about it & decided not to bother!
blueskip

·
Registered
465 Posts
My Sons is the Multiplier powerplay, thats not floppy at all and is as i said a very good rod for the money.

Ryan. :D

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well,Ryan..

everyone has there views and tastes..and your welcome to yours.. ;)

It just isnt my bag!!..i thought it was pretty poor..(i looked at both setups..they seemed the same to me..)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
there you go marcus. you a happy bunny then, thank gord for that,actually at least you were able to swap the 1st rod, some people wont let you do that, which is a bummer?

T

·
0 Posts
I feel that Shakespeare make very good rods, and are very good value for money, I've used their rods in the past ( and still do, Odessa bass, can't be beat) and found them to be up to the job they were designed for.
the powerplay had a very good write up in the Sea Dangler as did the Summit. they now make a 13ft version which I may have a look at.
I think you have made a good choice of rod, just because it doesn't have a Z*****, or C*****, or C******* sticker on them doesn't mean they're bad, plenty of bad rods in the previous range at 4X the price. hope you get many hours of pleasure out of it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i will have a look, but to be honest i hardly go fishing so dont think it will make any difference to me, a powerplay or an odessa / summit will do me fine, the most expensive being only £ 54!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts