World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im looking to upgrade my beachcaster rod as getting into sea fishing more now. Have about £150-200 to spend. Fishing medium to heavy ground. Any recommendations? Best on the market at the moment?

Thanks

·
Banned
3,248 Posts
There are some real bargains coming up on that certain auction site at the moment, my personal preference is for Zziplex XTR for the sort of ground you are looking to fish, plus they hold their resale value.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi mate if your interested, I've got a zziplex 4500 HPM in excellent condition and i have a near mint condition Diawa slosh x20shv.
Cheers Neil.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hi, you won't go wrong with a CCCld.

Again would say the CCC Ld is a great rod,

also like the Sonik SK4 5-7oz as it feels very powerful for the rougher stuff.
You also may get a S/hand Century Carbon Metal Crest that would be well suited. :thumbs:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice looks like there is only one rod. Thanks for the offers - need to check out some prices now!

Andrew

·
Registered
387 Posts
Another vote for the ccc-ld

Great rods, would go fine on mixed/rough ground. It's not a drag them pole, but has plenty of beef. Loved mine so much I bought a second one. Is slightly more than your 200 budget, is more 210. Its slim, well made, robust, good rings, and won't bite you when casting.

Makes a great smoothy, cod and ray rod.

If you can get one the old Fox Challenger 5-6oz. Its more a rock rod, bit stiffer than the century ccc-ld and would be perfect for your needs. Got mine for 50 quid too, should of been alot more. Might be worth tracking one down. Is an extremely thin rod too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts