Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the kenzaki come in mono,can only find a braid rod

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanking you,any other boat rods that's are good or a pleasure to use around the £100 mark

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a light ugly stik classic that I love for 6/8oz work,what are the new gx2 models like and are the classics any good if they can still be found in 20/30lb

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'm with Pedro. Have a 12-20lb paired with a Saltish 20h. Lovely light set up. Would work well with a Ugly Stick 12lb class.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm with Pedro. Have a 12-20lb paired with a Saltish 20h. Lovely light set up. Would work well with a Ugly Stick 12lb class.
Does the kenzaki 12/20 handle most wrecking needs and leads of 10oz or 1lb at a push

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
if you can find one a penn 12/20 trq boat its a fab all round rod but not a floppy one like some. I also have the trq 12/20 braid and don't like it as much if needing 8oz it kill this model

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would a 20/30 be a better all round choice

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
a 20/30 is a good all rounder that's why I got a 12/20 in braid and the boat as the boat is a stiffer action of the 2 and will handle a little more lead, but is still softer than a 20/30 blank the problem is all manufactures rods are a different action in the same class iv just got a century 20/40 braid and its more like a 15/30 to me but a light fast action rod will have more lifting power than a heavy though action as that will just fold up I think you need to have a look at the amount of lead you need then work from that as you can find a lighter class rod that you may over look due to its rating I find daiwa a soft rod for it's class but then the abu was a stiffer blank in its equivalent range
I know its different but go for what you like the look off and feels good in the hand then look at the action and see witch is best for you also why spend 100 an just 1 rod the shimano vengeance slim is a nice rod my friend got 2 a 12/20 & 20/30 for about 100 so have a shop around

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for that reply,I think the average lead we will use on what I've done before is 10oz

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yes the Kenzaki 12/20 will be fine with those weights. I use heavier in the Solent on the spring tides. If its much above 1 lb leads I'd step up to 20/30 Kenzaki which feels like other 12/20 class rods. It is certainly much lighter than my Penn Waveblaster 20/30s.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a look at the new Suveran this week, it looks & feels like a trq or penn rampage and even resembles the shakespeare agility, NOT IMPRESSED!!! I think Purefishing have taken all the good brands & are badge engineering one blank and putting different fittings & badges on them. I won't be buying another rod from their stable,thats for sure. They have ruined Penn & Abu rods and they sure aren't going to maintain the 'cult' following for the Suverans with this rod. Just my opinion, but it looks & feels poor in comparison

1 - 20 of 61 Posts