World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I didn't bother getting a Christmas prezzie this year. I figured I'd wait 'til there was something I actually needed before spending money on something that would be just "nice to have". But ......

Cabin fever got the better of me (it used to get me at this time of year when I raced motorbikes too :wallbash:) and damn me I only went an bought a new lure rod!

I wanted a long and light rod to flick out the SP's and small hard lures at a few locations I scouted last year. I developed a craving for the Graphiteleader Argento Nuovo Gonas 902l/ml but eventually decided to be more conservative. I pre-ordered the Major Craft Skyroad SKR 902 ML from Veals. Still not cheap, but I was hoping you get what you pay for. And then I saw a cracking deal with Maxpesca in Spain. They had only listed the Argento in their sale for £280. I couldn't resist, cancelled my Veals pre-order and went for it.

Their English is far better than my Spanish and we sorted things out nice and smoothly. The rod, plus some unexpected free SP's and a T-shirt all arrived safely this morning :yahoo:

Just remembered I always seem to blank first time out with a new rod :blink:

·
Read Only
14,609 Posts
Nuovo blanks are very nice, reading their guff boron Kevlar etc 99%% carbon they seem cheap too, like my 10 2 it took a month to find its performance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Make sure you get the right rod to match up with ya reel rember red is last years colour you dont wanna get laughed at at the next bumble,and white braid is sooo in but nanofil is defo out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts