World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody has probably already thought of this but how many of you get the missus moaning about all the tackle youve got and she doesnt want you going and buying any more the answer is i think is when you go fishing and you want a new rod go fishing and on the way back home got to what ever tackle shop you frequent buy what you want be it that new £200 rod or new supermag extra and wipe your baiting up cloth over the rod to give it that used look.:sneaky2: :whistling :victory:

G

·
I must be a lucky fella, my missus fishes too, and as long as I don't want to spend too much too often , she's quite happy for me to buy new gear, without the moans and gripes

Ubd

·
Registered
462 Posts
somebody has probably already thought of this but how many of you get the missus moaning about all the tackle youve got and she doesnt want you going and buying any more the answer is i think is when you go fishing and you want a new rod go fishing and on the way back home got to what ever tackle shop you frequent buy what you want be it that new £200 rod or new supermag extra and wipe your baiting up cloth over the rod to give it that used look.:sneaky2: :whistling :victory:
i tried that on nites out take my gear to my mates house and take goin out clothes in a diff bag get changed in his go out and just say i been fishing all nite and had a few cans on the pier ha ha

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
i tried that on nites out take my gear to my mates house and take goin out clothes in a diff bag get changed in his go out and just say i been fishing all nite and had a few cans on the pier ha ha

AND WHAT DID YOU RUB YOUR HANDS ON FOR THE FISHY SMELL, THE LOCAL BIKE

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Get them delivered to your work, then you can add it to the rods that you take out and the Mrs need never know...

I bought a new driver for golfing recently and cos it's got the same coloured shaft as the old one, my good lady hasn't noticed yet :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
easy! put a compromising pic of yourself at the local pub with the barmaid together with your new rod... guess what the look will be for!

jan

·
Banned
820 Posts
I used to have a customer get his rods delivered to a garage just down the road from his house rather than face his wife and tell her he had bought another one!

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
since last september i have had a

ttr
tip tornado ultra light
shimano nexave travel spin
sunset mag elite
greys breathable suit and fleece

plus other stuff.

i sell a few crabs and other bits of bait and make rigs for freinds and the money from this adds up.

if she knew i had it she,d find a good reason why asda should have it. she already gets all my wages.

she thinks the ttr was a gift from a good freind i did loads of work for.

the mag elite and suit she thinks i won in comps.

the others she thinks i already had.

·
Registered
133 Posts
my missus dosent have a problem with me buying new tackle, she just moans when i go to use it.lol
to be fair, she only twists in the summer. in winter she just says am mad.
but bless her, no matter what time im coming home i have to ring so she can put the kettle on for me. even at daft-o-clock in the morning when shes in bed. her choice and i dont complain
:p

·
Global Moderator
5,203 Posts
There is quite a simple logical answer to this...........

IT DOESN'T WORK !!!!!!!!

They will suss you sooner or later...........

The missus does all our banking,(she goes through it with a fine toothed comb),and knows to the PENNY,what I spend on gear.....

So I find the best way,is to just tell her first,and if funds allow it,I get it....simple !!

If not,I just wait a bit longer,then get it,then everyone is happy.......

Decieving the other half is dangerous,and is the most common reason for full blown Barneys'.............

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well done all you guys with partners who don't mind you fishing/buying gear. The last woman I lived with tried to train me, sabotage my trips with 'urgent' household chores, and sulk if I bought any tackle! :rtfm:

It must have been hard being my second most important hobby :bleh:

Where do you meet this rare breed of lady?.. Thats what I wanna know!

ATB.

·
Global Moderator
5,203 Posts
It helps if their Dads are fishermen too.............

My Ex was a right royal Nazi,made life a misery,and no fishing........

My wife now,doesn't mind,as her father fishes,we are both members of a club,(which I have become chairman of),both my parents fish,(you see where I got the bug from now !!),my lad,(13),and daughter(3),both fish,care of me,so there is no argument.........

And besides,

Seeing as I can no longer do climbing,abseiling,hiking,camping,weight training,and martial arts,all I have left,is my fishing,so she doesn't mind,as long as I don't go silly...........

I even got £75 of vouchers to spend in my local tackle shop from her for christmas !!!!!

And if you want to know.

I met her in a nightclub I used to do security at.....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
just tell her you won it in a comp...... i tell my Mrs what i want & she orders it from Jerry,s... it then gets delivered to her office..... easy... XChris

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
wish me missus was as understanding as some of the above.it 's only in the last year that she's been half ok with me going fishing.she don't mind me buying the bits and pieces,it's the bigger things like rods and reels that get frowned upon.she does'nt realise my tt match was snuck in with other kit and just assumes it was always there:secret: thankfully she does'nt know the value of any of it either:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
A few weeks ago I bought a couple of Surf 850's and a pair of K2 Blue's 16.5ft
My other half didn't say a thing ........... mind you, she's said nothing since !! :nonono:

·
Registered
24,541 Posts
Well done all you guys with partners who don't mind you fishing/buying gear. The last woman I lived with tried to train me, sabotage my trips with 'urgent' household chores, and sulk if I bought any tackle! :rtfm:

It must have been hard being my second most important hobby :bleh:

Where do you meet this rare breed of lady?.. Thats what I wanna know!

ATB.
Mine is nearly 15 years younger than me and the guy who she was with wasn't as caring or as good as I became .( so she tells me .... fairly often ).. I can have anything I want and fish anytime I am able ... etc. all for the last 22 years or so .

They are out there , just change yourself enough to find one who wants to be with you through thick and thin.

PS

You don't own them and they don't own you , treat them better than you want to be treated and you're on the right track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts