World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi Guys,

All of this is in the newsletter but for those of you who don&#39;t get it, here is the list of things that has changed. I decided to do this upgrade over the Bank Holiday. Hopefully you&#39;re all fishing so it won&#39;t cause to much disruption. Hopefully, now this is finished I can wet a line, or two&#33;

Good News&#33;
The new site is now online&#33; It’s taken a while to iron out the things which needed changing, but, hopefully it should make things easier in the long run. As we warned the Regional sections are a little sparse at present. Especially places such as the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and other non-mainland areas – but were working on correcting that.

So what’s changed – The Regions
Firstly the Location section has gone. It has merged into the new Regional section. All the old port profiles and marks can now be found in here, split up into the different regions of the UK. We have added a few new ports throughout the UK in the different sections too. The Region sections now have links to web sites covering the country as well as the clubs for that particular area. There is also a forum for each of the regions so you can post your catches.

Appearance
You will now notice a new logo as well as the title for the web site. There is now a new bar at the top of the site which gives you links to main sections such as Reviews, SeaLogs and Regional Sections. Most of the article pages haven’t changed. The new index pages for each section have been renovated with pictures highlighting each article as well as a description of what the article is about. In addition there are links to the forum board relevant to that section on the index pages.

Articles in the Baits, Shore, Boat, Species sections now have quick links back to other articles in the section. This should help you navigate the bigger sections of the site easier. The baits section is a little experimental. We have highlighted certain keywords in an article and linked back to relevant articles about them. We have also added a printer friendly version to this section. These will be trialled and based on user feedback will be rolled out over the site depending on success.

Knots
The rigs section has been merged with a new Knots section. This will enable you to find all the things you need for rigs and knots in one place&#33; We have included basic knots which are essential for all rigs and tackle configurations.

Other additions
The links page is now split geographically between England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and International. Adverts are now in the form of text. We no longer have banner adverts rotating so the site should be quicker to load.

Tight Lines

Mike Thrussell Jr
Webmaster</font>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#000080'>Looking good mate&#33;
</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<font color='#810541'>I dont beleive it, the best UK fishing site is now even better.  Well done indeed.

Nice to see a mention of the Isle of Man as well.  Will be emailing some info to you soon MT Jnr - of course you will have to come see for yourself just how good it really is...

PS - thanks for the link to manxseafishing. &nbsp;I think there is already a link from Hondy&#39;s site to this one, but rumour has it that he is going to be rolling out a new version of his site soon(ish), and no doubt the link to here will feature prominantly.</font>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for all the compliments&#33;

Glad everybody is getting on OK with it. I think we&#39;ll probably be rolling out the underlined keywords and printer pages, seems to have been a hit with newcomers to the sport and website.

Thanks Manx, any info is very much appreciated and as ever will be credited back to whoever supplied it. We would like to get over to the Isle of Man, when we get time, i&#39;m sure we&#39;ll pay a visit
Also good look to Hondy for the new site, remember to drop me a line when it&#39;s done so I can have a look

Thanks for everybodies support.

Tight Lines

Mike Jr</font>

Last edited by LeapingFish at 1083835752

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000080'>Oh man, I never saw the link to my site until now, I&#39;m gonna have to finish it now
- Thanks Mike

As for the new site, it&#39;s not working and looks a bit pap at the moment so I think I&#39;ll finish the content from the "old" site first

*edit* P.S. do you have any wsf logo banners say 120x84 pixels like the rnli size banner? I would put it on my site if ya like.</font>

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#000000'>whar about the isle of wight , you must have some reports from the island</font>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>For the purpose of keeping the site as simple as possible The Isle of Wight comes under the South Coast of England sections. Fishing reports are dependant on people fishing on the Isle of Wight and posting their results on the England forum board.

Features wise, The Isle of Wight (along with the Isle of Man) is somewhere we would like to fish we just havent got around to it&#33; We are working on content all the time, so if somewhere hasnt been covered, hopefully, it will do in the long run.

Tight Lines

Mike Thrussell Jr</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts