World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps, just to let people know that are interested, a new tackle shop opens on Sheppey on Saturday, Strudders Bait and Tackle is in the High street Sheerness, stocking Anyfish Anywhere, Greys, Grauvell, Ultima, Sakuma, Breakaway, Daiwa,Kamasan, Ammo and many other top line companies, plus a good selection of frozen and fresh baits. Julian Shambrook will officially open the shop at 9:30am this coming Saturday. So well worth a pop in if your in the area.

·
Registered
340 Posts
cool, good to hear more shops opening. shows that the sport is growing!! do you know if 'strudders' is a family run shop, cos im sure i bought a rod off a fellow on the island with a similar if not identical surname????

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, good to hear more shops opening. shows that the sport is growing!! do you know if 'strudders' is a family run shop, cos im sure i bought a rod off a fellow on the island with a similar if not identical surname????
Hi Mudway, that will be the same bloke would have thought, his name is Paul Strudwick.

Shops number is 01795 - 669222

·
Registered
340 Posts
cool, that rings a bell. bought my century sre from him last year. best of luck with his shop, hope it turns over a good profit. Great to hear he also will be stocking sakuma goodies..... nite crystal is a top quality mono.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Hi Chaps, just to let people know that are interested, a new tackle shop opens on Sheppey on Saturday, Strudders Bait and Tackle is in the High street Sheerness, stocking Anyfish Anywhere, Greys, Grauvell, Ultima, Sakuma, Breakaway, Daiwa,Kamasan, Ammo and many other top line companies, plus a good selection of frozen and fresh baits. Julian Shambrook will officially open the shop at 9:30am this coming Saturday. So well worth a pop in if your in the area.
Who's Julian Shambrook? Is he on the tele.?:secret:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who's Julian Shambrook? Is he on the tele.?:secret:
Hi Bandit, he fishes with Henry Gilbey sometimes on his programmes and used to be one of the best rod builders in the country, now runs and owns a company called Anyfishanywhere.

Hi Rob, hope your doing well mate, will pass on your comments. There are a few thornies coming up at the GCP at mo, your mark should have a few providing you can get to it!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dave, yeah a couple of mates had one of 5 and one of 8 there wednesday night, both on rag, sandeel not touched, was speaking to a bloke who fishes from his own boat, he had one of 18lb earlier on in the week, but said baits were not touched and he was using fresh crab, he tried razor and had a fish or bite per cast.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I popped in to the shop earlier. Looks like a decent one. Mainly seems to stock sea fishing gear and baits, so is one of us. He also had some freshwater gear.
His bait also looked decent. Also seems to be familiar with the fishing marks.
Good Luck to him.

G

·
Hi Dave, yeah a couple of mates had one of 5 and one of 8 there wednesday night, both on rag, sandeel not touched, was speaking to a bloke who fishes from his own boat, he had one of 18lb earlier on in the week, but said baits were not touched and he was using fresh crab, he tried razor and had a fish or bite per cast.
thanks for that mate.i got a bit on next weekend but if i get time i'll have a go over there on sunday.must get some ragworm too....dave.:thumbs:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would like to say I went in to Strudders Bait and Tackle today I must say I was impresed with the service I was given I have never been in a tackle shop where I have been given so much advice about sea fishing without being RIPPED OFF the bait is brilliant. cheers for all your help paul

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to say I went in to Strudders Bait and Tackle today I must say I was impresed with the service I was given I have never been in a tackle shop where I have been given so much advice about sea fishing without being RIPPED OFF the bait is brilliant. cheers for all your help paul
hi ime pleased you were happy see you again soon regards paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just remember to pick up your change next time !! How did the fishing go ?

YER CHEERS FOR THAT !! FISHING STARTED OFF OK GETTING SOME DECENT BITES THEN ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE HIGH TIDE A TRAWLER DROP NETS ABOUT 600 YARDS IN FRONT OF US :uhuh: WE HAD NOTHING FROM THEN ON WE ARE GOING BACK SATURDAY TO GIVE IT ANOUTHER GO
ILL LET YOU NO HOW WE GET ON

1 - 18 of 18 Posts