World Sea Fishing Forums banner

new to beach fishing

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  dai english 
G
#1 ·
hi i would like some advice on fishing the tide in from the beach. whilst your bait is in the water and you are moving back with the tide are you supposed to let line off your reel to keep your lead in place or do you drag the lead back as you move back with your rod. Im unsure on which way to do it .

#2 ·
Hi lneale , the answer to your question is let your line off the real , but keep intouch with the weight as you walk back up the beach ,but remember you need to change your bait quite often as it can get washed out . I myself usualy check my bait every 20 min max and reel in bite or not .

if you fish for cod on the beach, your weight needs to be nailed on the bottom .always cast where the tide comes from, this will help keep your bait nailed .after casting don't tighten up to much as this can pull your weight out .when fishing in strong tides your will see one bite then slack or just slack ,if this happens you need to catch up(real in) with the fish and lift . don't strick just lift. i find i get more fish that way .

if you fish for flounder it doesn,t matter as some flounders like movement and by reeling in a few turn on the reel every so often can pay off

in the boat this is a hole different ball game . If you need more just ask .

hope this helps ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.