World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO I,VE JUST MOVED DOWN TO WEYMOUTH AND I,M WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME ANY TIPS FOR FISHING FROM CHESIL BEACH. CHEERS :confused: :

·
Registered
54 Posts
HILLY said:
HELLO I,VE JUST MOVED DOWN TO WEYMOUTH AND I,M WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME ANY TIPS FOR FISHING FROM CHESIL BEACH. CHEERS :confused: :

Hi there, I've not been down in that neck of the woods for some time now - all I know is that Chesil is haunted. If you fish at night watch out for the mystery footsteps in the shingle...........and no one there!!!!!

Fright lines!!! ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
get there early or you will never park or will have to walk miles to find a spot especially in the summer!!
Beware the haunted beach!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello,ive lived on porland for 6 years and i aint got a clue about beach fishing,have got the gear as someone said i could go with them,but as usual aint heard nothing since.so if you need some company at some time and dont mind a newbie along asking question.i would be gratelfull.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
pincher said:
Hello,ive lived on porland for 6 years and i aint got a clue about beach fishing,have got the gear as someone said i could go with them,but as usual aint heard nothing since.so if you need some company at some time and dont mind a newbie along asking question.i would be gratelfull.

Dave

And ya know WHY you never heard from them again pincher????

har har har.....(evil sounding echoing laugh!!!!)

;)

Just joking - the ghost never kidnapped no-one (or their catch as far as I know!!)

Enjoy... wish I was down there too really. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank god for that!

Anglers have a sence of humour too,i was worried for a mo,

I can see chesil from my window,it looks so appealing at the mo with the sun on it

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
pincher said:
Thank god for that!

Anglers have a sence of humour too,i was worried for a mo,

I can see chesil from my window,it looks so appealing at the mo with the sun on it

Dave

Now I'm well naffed off - serves me right for ribbing you.

How are the swans at Abottsbury - or are you further round than that??

(I lived at Beaminster for a time but used to dog walk at Chesil. - That was before I got to fishing unfortunately)

·
Registered
67 Posts
im on portland,looking out towards bridport across chesil.

never heard about this haunted chesil before though,learn something new everyday.lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
pincher said:
im on portland,looking out towards bridport across chesil.

never heard about this haunted chesil before though,learn something new everyday.lol

Hello Bill!!!

Give Palmers brewery (at Bridport) a wave - I used to keep one of their pubs - Tally Ho!

Hic!

;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
that haunted beach bussiness! that's not bloody funny thats not. the mystery footsteps thing happened to me and my little boy last week and we ended up forming a defensive perimeter round the tent with just a diving knive and a big stick. luckily the heavy footed spirit opted out of an incursion into our heavily defended personal space and left us to catch nothing but dogfish. (can anybody tell me how to catch anything other than dogfish? :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
ian houlton said:
that haunted beach bussiness! that's not bloody funny thats not. the mystery footsteps thing happened to me and my little boy last week and we ended up forming a defensive perimeter round the tent with just a diving knive and a big stick. luckily the heavy footed spirit opted out of an incursion into our heavily defended personal space and left us to catch nothing but dogfish. (can anybody tell me how to catch anything other than dogfish? :eek:

They're no dog-fish they aint.....they be hounds from hell... You need be takin' care on Chesil, you be.
.....I ben told that 'ee must make an offerin' into the Fleet to pacify the speret of the shore....Several pints (courtesy of Mr E Pope) should do et...... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts