World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've lived in the northeast for a couple of years now and wondered if anybody could offer any advice regarding the sea fishing around Newcastle? I was wondering what the North Pier at Tynemouth's like, or if Whitley Bay's better? Any advice on types of fish to target, bait, rigs etc.. would be appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi, I've lived in the northeast for a couple of years now and wondered if anybody could offer any advice regarding the sea fishing around Newcastle? I was wondering what the North Pier at Tynemouth's like, or if Whitley Bay's better? Any advice on types of fish to target, bait, rigs etc.. would be appreciated.

Cheers, Chris.
ive never fished off tynemouth pier itself m8t but have fished all the rockmarks from tyne mouth, northwards up2 scotland.
not much about at the mo just small tommy's & coalies. king edwards bay north side of tynemouth u can pick up on some good size flatties out of the bay.
if u hit the rockmarks u can hit in2 allsorts, cod (reddies) coalies, pollock, wrasse,
mackies when it warms up abit. give it about a month & the peelers should b starting 2 show on the open shaws & thats the bait u want, fresh peeler.
rotton bottom rigs off the rock marks, i use nowt but pullyrigs off the rocks.
whitley beach is a mixed ground beach-sand & rocks also thick of kelp in places
thats where u want 2 b 4 red codling m8t, fresh peeler crab & in2 thick kelp.:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
am I wrong, or isn't the north pier at Tynemouth private? I heard you get your gear confiscated if you fish without permission

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
like ive said i have'nt fished the pier itself but if anywhere on there
it would b the foundations 4 me:) needs a big tide though:g:

·
Registered
506 Posts
u talking about rokers sister pier basicly that u have to go through the docks to get too?

·
Registered
292 Posts
fishing off tynemouth pier aint allowed unless you are a member of tynmouth angling club and yes you CAN have your gear confiscated if caught.

Well mate the pier is fished by us lot ( 12 blokes) on a regulaer basis and we've never ever had any bother, and is also fished by around another 20 or so blokes.

Even the owner of a well known fishing shop fishes there all the time with no probs at all,, where did u hear about gear getting confiscated?
Its an urban myth mate, even the port of tyne have a bit crack with you!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
check with the harbour master mate,and it became more enforced when the 2 lads tried to climb around the fence,1 was disabled and on his mates back,he fell onto the rocks below.I know people fish the pier,have done so myself numerous times.Also it can be verified by members on here as we had a comp one night,the police turned up at the meeting point and told us they would be back to check we were not on the pier

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Understand mate, but fished there for the last year nearly every week and nowt said as long as your fishing when its fishable.
no worries mate,i have fished it over the last 5-6 years,had no trouble at all except for the night that the police showed up,that was for an ne-fishing comp.
But being realistic,if it was ok to fish it,the gate would not be locked,therefore you would not have to climb around

·
Registered
201 Posts
agree with what the rest of the lads have said on here.it will also depend with what sort of fishing you want to do,(or are used to !) if you want to lose a sinker a chuck with the possibility of landing a great fish then st marys has some great possibilitys,and not to forget cambois which is just north of blyth,clean beaches which do throw the odd decent fish out is lynemouth beach ( north and south ).
have never fished tynemouth pier since an angler got washed off there a couple of years ago and was lost to the sea.
wherever you go stay safe.

oh and welcome to the site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts