World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

This is my first post as a new member of the site and I'm very new to fishing. I took a trip to Anglesey in July of this year (my folks have a cottage there) and decided to do some sea fishing as I'd always fancied it. I bought a cheap telescopic rod and real, some lures and spinners and off I went. I caught just one fish (whiting) in 5 days but had an immense amount of fun each and every time I went out.

I recently bought a better rod and reel (i think!), a Ron Thompson Stratocaster and a DAM Quick 360 fs reel. I also bought some better lures and spinner... Yo Zuri Mag Popper, Chug Bug, Maria Chase BW and some Dexter and Toby spinners. I'd like to get out this weekend and give them a try.

Now... I live in Manchester and have no idea where I should go to fish. I was thinking maybe Llandudno, as I assume that I need a rocky shore line to fish from. I really am new to all this, but I'd very much like to be more successful that I was on my last outing.

Any advice you could offer me would be warmly received and greatly appreciated!

:2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your best bet mate would be to visit a local tackle shop who would only be to happy to put in contact with a Sea Fishing Club in your area who could offer you advice on local venues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll look up a club or two. Already starting to get advice from here which is great, this looks like it could be a great place to learn.

:bounce:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll look up a club or two. Already starting to get advice from here which is great, this looks like it could be a great place to learn.

:bounce:
It sure as hell is

Best advice i can give you is to get out there and try there are no hard and fast rules just guidelines and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question [plenty of stupid answers mind] if in doubt just ask

hope this helps dai

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is Bangor Angling Supplies still open ? (in Bangor < clues in the title)If it is go and have a chat to them They were always good for info and some rather nice Bulldo floats i cant seem to buy over here or anywhere else for that matter.If memory serves the owners called Jeff/Geoff

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a fairly cheap rear drag reel as mentioned in my first post... forgive my lack of knowledge... but what does the rear drag actually adjust and how should it be set for spinning and lure fishing?

Help appreciated as always :2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts