World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Got Advice On Fishing Lydstep In Pembs?

Beginning To Get Back Into Shore Angling After A Sabbatical - Got A Place Down There, Looking To Get My Kids Into Fishing.

Wondering Whether Anyones Goy Any Advice On Species/rigs/baits For The Area?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tog

I'm new to forum but not so new to Pembs. I live about a mile from Lydstep, there are loads of good marks around tenby area.
Lydstep head fishes well over the top of tide as does the beach. The beaches of Manorbier, Skrinkle, Presep and Swanlake all fish well in a good surf from May till Christmas period.
Standard beach fishing gear using lug/fishbaits or live baiting will work for the bass. Ragworm/fishbait works for flounder and the odd plaice.
From the rocks use a good quality lure rod and various plugs, jelly baits, spinners for Bass, Bass, Mackerel, Pollack and the odd sea trout.

E-Mail me with details of type of fishing your after and I will point you in the right direction.

Also if you pop in to Tenby angling which is located in Tenby market, and see Pete or Marleen, or into Pembroke angling which is located in Merick st Pembroke dock and see Bill, they will be glad to give you loads of local info.

GB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts