World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've not posted on the forums in a while and relatively new to the North East of England - trying to understand the restrictions and regulations on sea fishing down this end. :)

I'm used to being able to fish without the need of rod licenses and also most sea fishing in Scotland is free for where I've been previously. However as I understand it so far the laws down here are a little more complicated.

I have access to the following areas:

Redcar
Seaham
Port Mulgrave
Saltburn
Sandsend
Whitby

I understand if no one wants to give me marks or the likes - I prefer trying to find my own anyway and scoping out the area a little to understand the area. For the best part I want to fish from shores if possible perhaps via boat as well - rocky marks aren't a huge problem. A heads up on where would be best to start from the list above would be much appreciated though!

Thanks - tight lines :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
That’s further south than I know about so I cannot help you with marks. You don’t need a license to fish in the sea or tidal areas, although you’d have to put back salmon and sea trout if you were lucky enough to catch one.

Most places will be free to fish, except for the odd area like some piers which may be under the control of local fishing clubs.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
No restrictions for sea fishing anywhere , piers etc that are club owned or run will be gated , this link should give you quite a bit if information , some is further down than Whitby, but it will help out with more northern locations.

Charter boats run from Whitby and Hartlepool, for me Hartlepool is favourite as parking is near to the pontoon, cheap and plentiful , , boats are clean and skippers knowledgeable, and tend not to demand you fish their way or not at all.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/category/fishing-marks/

Dave

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hi I've not posted on the forums in a while and relatively new to the North East of England - trying to understand the restrictions and regulations on sea fishing down this end. :)

I'm used to being able to fish without the need of rod licenses and also most sea fishing in Scotland is free for where I've been previously. However as I understand it so far the laws down here are a little more complicated.

I have access to the following areas:

Redcar
Seaham
Port Mulgrave
Saltburn
Sandsend
Whitby

I understand if no one wants to give me marks or the likes - I prefer trying to find my own anyway and scoping out the area a little to understand the area. For the best part I want to fish from shores if possible perhaps via boat as well - rocky marks aren't a huge problem. A heads up on where would be best to start from the list above would be much appreciated though!

Thanks - tight lines :)
Travel up gods country and there's help with Afew marks !
Basically fish anywhere that's tidal and can only fish for salmon and sea trout with licence in the river. But that's quite abit far up the Tyne could be wrong but that's the way I understand it. Need join fishing club to fish Tynemouth pier which is £10 year just for insurance. SS pier free 44 mark best place on there or off the blocks on there. Roker pier been closed since first big northeastley of last year and caused pier damage. Amble pier is a canny chilled out place to fish or Blyth pier once the mackerel gone. Abit farther north got seahouses there's plenty marks up that ways aswel. Just google them there's information on most fishing marks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts