World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Have 10ft beach caster with fixed reel, Reqire general tips on line strength, Hook sizes, bait etc.
Have fished for trout in my teens many years ago but this sea thing is all new. Area probably starting out is the "staithes" at Blyth dock in northumberland. if anyone has any tips or sugestions they would be most appreciated.</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Try 15 - 20lb mainline coupled with a length of 60lb shock leader roughy 1.5 times the length of the rod ( In your case 15ft).

Hooks, size depends on the species. A good overall size is 2/0 but a good selection should include size 1, 2, 1/0, 2/0 and 4/0 and should be suitable for nearly every specie your likely to catch.

To begin with keep your traces simple, have a look on the site and you will find a rig for every situation.

I dont know the area but try squid, ragworm ,lugworm, mackerel and any other sea bait. Just experiment to see what bait works the best.

Make sure you have a sharp knife, cutting board and a baiting needle for putting on worm baits is a great bit of time saving kit and helps with bait presentation.

Make sure you bring a box of spares incase any thing gets lost or broken. A rig wallet is a good idea, fill it with a good selection cos it saves time. Also tie a rig clip to the end of your shockleader as it saves time and allows you to use multiple rigs.

Hope this helps.</font>

·
Registered
44 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i fish blyth pier quite regularly and have found usin daylites/feathers takes coley and pollock and also ragworm is the best bait try tipin it with mackeral strips o squid for best results there should also be mackeral inshore at this time ov year you wil also take them on feathers/daylites o float fished mackeral strip..

tight lines
glen</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts