World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first post, I regularly fish around anglesey anybody local know wheres fishing. I have spent alot of time recently fishing around white beach, caim and penmon but would like to try the west side of the island if anybody knows which spots are doing well. Went to ty croes last year trying for thornies too no avail though!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi Sam welcome to the WSF Forum m8, it is always nice to see new members contributing to the forums.
You may want to get in touch with Chrisp he is from Telford he is always on here and maybe he will reply to you here or you could try a Personal Message or email. You can members details under the members list at the top of page along the blue bar. look up name and either PM or email.
Tight lines

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Welcom Sam, Johnboy got it slightly wrong, I am from Caernarfon not Telford, and I only do boat fishing. He may have meant Swelly, he does a lot of shore in the Menai, i'm sure he will help you out once he sees this.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
No I'm not SwelleyChrisP, these days I'm not sure who I am!!!

Seriously welcome to the site. You seem to have found quite a few marks already. This must mean that you've found Malcom's tackle shop at Gallows Point just outside Beaumaris. He's in the position to know where's fishing well etc. and he'll put you on the good marks. Always remember that Anglesey is roughly square so you can always find sheltered fishing somewhere if a gale's blowing. So your 'East coast' spots might be great one day and then the West edge comes in. You know where Ty Croes is so try Cable bay - lovely little roadside bay up towards Rhosneigr. Then there's Rhosneigr beach itself. Mind you will soon have to share all the sandy beaches with the kids and dogs as school holidays start! Probably the most scenic and best beach is Newborough. This is a huge storm beach at the extreme South Western tip of Anglesey. Access is via a Forestry Commission car park (you pay a Toll at a machine and then drive 1/2 to 3/4 mile towards the sea! park up and make the beach. Huge expanse which seems to fish best at half tide on the flow. Way up the beach a mile to the right is the spit of land called Llanddwyn Island. Well worth an explore (for the family to - lighthouses, secluded coves, pony's and sea birds , great picnic s BUT CARE OVER SWIMMING! Half way to the island in the bay is a mussel bed. Fish onto that as the tide rises. Use peeler or sandeels. Great bass surf beach! Will fish at night also. Come down the straits a litttle and fish near the Anglesey Sea Zoo - go 1/2 mile west and fish the run of tide between you and the sandbank opposite Caernarfon. Get to the Sea Zoo via Llanfair PG, drive out west along the A4080 towards Brynsiencin, follow the brown sign to the Zoo just as you are about to enter the village. Whilst you are in Llanfair PG go to the information centre at the Pringles shop on the old station and ask for a copy of the free sea fishing map. It has charter skippers' details one side and shore fishing marks the other with locations, baits etc. on the other. Good fishing!

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi samc welcome to the site,listern swellyman he knows what hes talking about.shaggy ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers gents the info is much appreciated, your right I have been to malcoms top guy actually always ready with advice and a bargain. Sorry for the delay in reply but I can only use my PC at work!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Sam, I'm on Anglesey and fish Cymyran beach quite often. During or just after a good blow you can get bass and coalies. Also whiting, codling, flounder, dogs and brill can be caught off the beach. Night is the best time, don't seem to get much in the day. The narrows can also fish well an hour either side of high tide. Also during the winter, November time Trearddur Bay is very good for coalies and codling in rough weather, but can be dodgy on the rocks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers, where abouts abouts is Cymran? Will try treaddur bay as I am a big fan of fishing from the rocks (my casting is a bit more poor on surf beaches to be honest). Looking forward too trying some new venues, caim whitebeach is OK but all I ever seen to catch is dogs and the occasional dab (the last one tried to swallow a whole sandeel that was 3/4 of is size. Anybody know any good ray marks and what bait too use? I have heard sandeels deadly?

Thanks again

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cymyran beach is the one behind Valley camp. I was going to try it tomorrow night, but looks like the wing is going around to the North West. The best place I know for ray is Cable Bay. Go to right of the beach to the point and cast towards Ty Croes. Sandeel is supposed to be the best bait. Only tried it once and blanked. Probably due to my fishing skills!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts